- 7-hour dinner in the desert excursion with private transport from Dubai
- Travel by open-roof vintage Land Rover through Dubai Desert Conservation Range
- Look out for desert wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx
- Spend the evening at a Bedouin-inspired camp in the grounds of a royal residence
- Watch a bread-making demonstration, falconry display, traditional dancing and more
- A donation to the Dubai Desert conservation range will be made on your behalf for participating on this tour
- A donation to the Dubai Desert conservation range
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Head through Dubai Desert Conservation Range, looking out for wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx, and then stop in a Bedouin-inspired camp in the grounds of a private royal residence. Make your way past the gently flickering flames of the lights that mark the entranceway, and then hop out of your Land Rover to take a seat at your shared table.
Before your meal starts, a range of cultural activities are demonstrated around the tables. Enjoy an Arabic coffee and sit back to watch flamboyant dancers performing to traditional Emirati music, or perhaps take a wander around the camp. Pose in the sand dunes for a photo as the sun goes down, watch a bread-making demonstration or gaze at UAE’s national bird – the falcon – during a falconry display. If you want to immerse yourself in the culture even more, why not get a henna tattoo, smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe) or even try riding a camel?
Take a seat back at your table in time for a cookery demonstration, where you’ll learn how to make local bread. Then, all that’s left to do is to feast on your 4-course dinner under the stars. Like the activities at the camp, the dishes are mostly traditional Emirati specialties, combining flavors from the Middle East and Asia.
After your meal, return to your Land Rover with your guide and journey through the desert back to the camp entrance. From here, board your air-conditioned van to your Dubai hotel, where your experience finishes.
First course (choose one of the following):
• Shorbat adas (mildly spiced lentil soup)
• Tomato and onion salad
• Fresh garden salad
• Selection of mezze including harees (cracked wheat dumplings with meat), kibbeh (minced meat and rice), sambousek (lamb- or cheese-stuffed pastries), hummus and tabbouleh (cracked wheat salad with parsley, mint, tomatoes and lemon juice)
Third course (choose one of the following):
• Ouzi (succulent lamb with spiced rice and nuts)
• Chicken kebabs
• Vegetable and ouzi rice
Fourth course (choose one of the following):
• Fruit salad
• Lgeimat (saffron-flavored fritters)
Excellent in every respect. A truly Emirati experience unlike some desert safari tours. Lots of unforgettable memories made!
What can I say about this tour, it was outstanding.. From the pick up at the hotel; our excellent guide (Sameh) was a joy to be with, so helpful and informative with a great sense of humour (ask for this guy)..
The trip to the Conversation range was in a nice air conditioned van to get to the Land Rovers, we then had our scarf place around our heads for protection (you can buy if you want to for only 20 AUE), then we were off.
We saw wildlife, learnt about the desert, saw a falcon display and got to hold the falcon, pretty terrific that was. and then the dinner in a Bedouin tent, with food, dancing, henna tattoo if you want one, camel ride and more.. I have been to many countries and booked many trips, this is one of the best.. If you only have a few days or even one day in Dubai...Do this !!