Upgrade your experience to a private safari tour and enjoy your own vintage Land Rover.
- 7-hour dinner in the desert excursion with transport from Dubai
- Travel by open-roof vintage Land Rover through Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation
- Look out for desert wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx
- Spend the evening at a Bedouin-inspired camp in the grounds of a royal retreat
- Enjoy live bread making and coffee making, falconry display, traditional dancing and more
- A donation to the Dubai Desert conservation reserve will be made on your behalf for participating on this tour
- Upgrade your experience to a private safari tour and enjoy your own vintage Land Rover.
Recent Photos of This Tour
Woo hoo! Camels under a ...Photo by: Maree P
Wüste im SonnenunterganPhoto by: Sabine O
Camel RidePhoto by: Anita W
Guide MuradPhoto by: Michaela V
We loved the Land RoverPhoto by: Hev
Australia, 02 2014
In the Vintage Land RoverPhoto by: Hev
Australia, 02 2014
Looking out into the desertPhoto by: Hev
Australia, 02 2014
Wissam our guide and me!!Photo by: David G
What You Can Expect
Head through Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation, looking out for wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx, after which, marvel at the UAE’s national bird- the falcon- before sunset during the a falconry display. Make your way back to your Land Rovers and travel to the Bedouin-inspired camp in the grounds of a private royal retreat. Make your way past the gently flickering flames of the lights that mark the entranceway, and then hop out of your Land Rover to take a seat at your shared table.
Before your meal starts, enjoy a range of cultural activities are demonstrated around the tables. Enjoy an Arabic coffee, live bread making, henna artists and camel rides before a beautiful 4 course Emirati dinner in authentic goat hair tents on low Bedouin tables. The dishes are mostly traditional Emirati specialties, combining flavors from the Middle East and Asia, after which you can enjoy shisha and cultural dancing.
Take a seat back at your table in time for a cookery demonstration, where you’ll learn how to make local bread. Then, all that’s left to do is to feast on your 4-course dinner under the stars. Like the activities at the camp, the dishes are mostly traditional Emirati specialties, combining flavors from the Middle East and Asia.
After your meal, return to your Land Rover with your guide and journey through the desert back to the camp entrance. From here, board your air-conditioned van to your Dubai hotel, where your experience finishes.
First course (choose one of the following):
• Shorbat adas (mildly spiced lentil soup)
• Tomato and onion salad
• Fresh garden salad
• Selection of mezze including harees (cracked wheat dumplings with meat), kibbeh (minced meat and rice), sambousek (lamb- or cheese-stuffed pastries), hummus and tabbouleh (cracked wheat salad with parsley, mint, tomatoes and lemon juice)
Third course (choose one of the following):
• Ouzi (succulent lamb with spiced rice and nuts)
• Chicken kebabs
• Vegetable and ouzi rice
Fourth course (choose one of the following):
• Fruit salad
• Lgeimat (saffron-flavored fritters)
This is definitely the best tour. Our guide, Vitor, was knowledgeable and good fun. We had a blast driving around the dunes, an open top land rover is the ONLY way to really enjoy the experience, while taking breathtaking photos of the sunset. We were wowed at the falconry demonstration and then it was onto riding camels and enjoying the sublime four course meal at the camp. Every step was explained to us so we got the full cultural story. If you are going to do a tour, do this one.
This is a must do. We had a fantastic time. It was well organised, the staff were very professional and friendly. The dinner was very good and with generous servings.This tour was one of our highlights of our stay in Dubai.