- Private dinner in the desert experience with transport from Dubai
- Travel through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve by a Range Rover
- Stop in at a dining site around an oasis in the grounds of a royal residence
- Watch a falconry display as the sun starts to set on the sand dunes
- Enjoy a 6-course dinner in a private sanctuary within the grounds
- Samples of local specialities
- Upgrade you luxury desert experience to include a private Range Rover
What You Can Expect
As you travel, listen as your guide shares tales about Dubai’s history and some of the traditional desert customs that still lie at the heart of Emirati culture.
After a while, arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, a protected area established to help preserve the desert’s indigenous wildlife and ecosystem.
Set off on a wildlife drive around the dunes and plains. Watch for animals such as the rare Arabian oryx, and more common species such as gazelle and desert monitors, and learn about the flora and other features of this natural wilderness.
Afterward, leave your Range Rover to experience a spectacular falconry display. Learn how the falcon is the UAE’s national bird and watch transfixed as these magnificent birds soar through the air to collect lures before returning to their gloved handlers.
If you wish, take the opportunity to get up-close to the falcons and have a souvenir photo taken. Then, as the sun sets, take a camel ride to a private and romantic desert dinner sanctuary softly lit by flame torches and lanterns.
Take a seat at your private table and absorb the setting over your 6-course dinner, cooked nearby by a private chef. As the stars twinkle above, savor gourmet Middle Eastern and Asian-inspired dishes such as spiced lamb cooked underground, grilled salmon and an exquisite dessert assortment. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Between courses, enjoy some desert activities such as getting a henna tattoo, watching a belly dancing show or taking the opportunity to try a shisha (Arabic water pipe) if you wish. With your meal finished, return to Dubai by Range Rover, ending your evening with a hotel drop-off.
- Gently spiced shorbat adas, a stronger richer variation gently spiced. (Lentils, onion, black pepper, cumin, lime, coriander, garlic, tomato, thin noodles)
- Fatoush (Fried pieces of pita bred, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish, onion, mint, sumac, olive oil and lemon juice)
- A dish that symbolises hospitality in the region. Spiced Lamb is gently simmered in an underground pit overnight to ensure it is tender enough to fall of the bone.
- Australian Angus Steak (A thick juicy steak grilled on an open fire, drizzled with your choice of sauce).
- Grilled Salmon and Tiger Prawns (Chargrilled Salmon with two succulent Tiger prawns. Served with mixed vegetables).
- Arabic spiced half chargrilled chicken (A world famous Lebanese speciality, marinated chicken grilled on an open fire, served with grilled onion and parsley).
- Grilled vegetable kebabs with Baked potato (Mushroom, red pepper, aubergine and cherry tomatoes, with baked potato).
- Vegetarian Moussaka (Greek inspired dish transformed into a veggie delight. Chickpeas, lentils and cheese).
- Platinum dessert selection (A selection of bite sized seasonal desserts, cakes and other delights inspired by the pure tradition of "la patisserie francaise."
- Lgeimat (Arabic style donuts are drizzled with honey and date syrup).
Lots of fun and the dinner was excellent.
The best thing we did at Dubai. It just perfect this trip to the desert.
very friendly driver/guide..excellent experience...would do it again
The tour guide is excellent . Service is five stars.
This tour was perfect and certainly a high light of our week in Dubai. Our guide was super and he was exceptionally accommodating and shared a large variety of information about the desert, Dubai and the history. I wasn't interested in being a large vehicle and the Mercedes G SUV was perfect but even better still was the amazing dinner that we were served in a private area out in the desert. Thanks Ibrahim, really appreciated your sense of humour.
Our guide Mohammed was simply the nicest guy and the whole afternoon evening was wonderful!!
Not cheap but worth every penny!!