- Full-day private 4x4 desert expedition from Dubai
- Travel through sandy plains and dunes to the Hajar Mountains by comfortable 4x4
- Visit the oasis village of Falaj Al Mualla and head into the Hajar range to a hidden wadi
- Enjoy a tasty picnic lunch beside a picturesque oasis
- View Camel Rock, an unusual rock formation rising from the sand dunes
- See rock marine fossils dating from when the desert was covered by ocean
- Enjoy the personalized attention of your guide on this private tour
What You Can Expect
Cruise through the neighboring emirate of Sharjah, and absorb the tranquility as you head deep into the desert, passing rolling golden dunes, wide open plains and quiet villages.
Admire the craggy, barren Hajar Mountains on the horizon, and after roughly 1.5 hours, pass lush orchards as you approach the pretty oasis settlement of Falaj Al Mualla. Look around this traditional hamlet with its palm groves on foot before continuing into the Hajar foothills to a beautiful, secluded wadi.
Stop at a palm-dotted oasis and savor a tasty packed lunch paired with a refreshing soda or mineral water as you admire the scenery. Check the Itinerary below for a sample menu.
Drive on to Camel Rock, a striking desert rock that resembles a camel rearing from the sands. Snap pictures and then look for the ancient marine fossils imprinted into some nearby rocks. Located the fascinating fossils with pointers from your guide, and learn how they were created millennia ago by miniscule ocean creatures when the area lay deep beneath the sea.
Finally, relax on your 4x4 journey back to Dubai where your day trip concludes at your hotel.
- Beef or chicken burger
- Potato salad
- Fresh apple
- 1 can of Coca Cola or 7-Up and 2 500ml bottles of water per person