- Private dinner in the desert experience with transport from Dubai
- Travel through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve by an Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Stop in at a dining site around an oasis in the grounds of a royal residence
- Watch a falconry display as the sun starts to set on the sand dunes
- Enjoy a 6-course dinner in a private sanctuary within the grounds
- Feast on specialties such as lamb ouzi, cooked by a private chef
What You Can Expect
Head through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, looking out for wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx, and then stop in a Bedouin-inspired camp in the grounds of a private royal residence. Make your way past the gently flickering flames of the lights that mark the entranceway, and then hop out of your Land Rover to watch a private falconry display.
The falcon is the national bird of the United Arab Emirates, and so falconry displays are popular events. Gaze at the magnificent birds of prey looping through the sky and swooping down to the trainers’ gloved fists, and get close-up-and-personal with the birds for a photo, if you wish.
After the display, enjoy a camel ride to a quiet and peaceful sanctuary, and admire your tranquil surroundings, illuminated by flame torches and antique gas lamps. Then, all that’s left to do is enjoy your drinks and 6-course dinner — cooked nearby by your private chef — under the twinkling stars. Your menu features flavors from the Middle East and Asia. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
In between eating, you can enjoy a selection of cultural experiences, such as a belly dancing or Khaleeji performance and henna tattooing. You can smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe) if you wish! Alternatively, just enjoy your food in the romantic private sanctuary.
When you have finished your meal, your guide will pick you up by SUV. Leave the site, and then journey back through the desert to finish your experience with a drop-off at your Dubai hotel.
Soup course (select one of the following):
- Shorbat adas (lentil soup with lime and coriander)
- Gently spiced shorbat adas, enhanced with tomatoes, garlic and noodles
- Tomato and onion salad
- Fresh garden salad
- Selection of small-plate dishes including harees (cracked wheat dumplings with meat), kibbeh (minced meat and rice), sambousek (lamb- or cheese-stuffed pastries), hummus and tabbouleh (cracked wheat salad with parsley, mint, tomatoes and lemon juice)
Ouzi (succulent, spiced lamb simmered in an underground pit overnight to ensure the meat is tender enough to fall off the bone)
Main course (select one of the following):
- Juicy tenderloin beef kebabs, grilled on an open fire with mushrooms and onions
- Local Gulf fish accompanied by king prawns and vegetables
- Charbroil chicken, grilled on an open fire with mixed vegetables
- Sea and sand mixed grill: selection of tenderloin kebabs, chicken, fish and prawns
- Grilled vegetable kebabs with a baked potato, guacamole and beans
- Dessert of the day, made with the finest local Arabic ingredients
- Lgeimat (saffron-flavored fritters)