- 4.5-hour private tour of Sharjah with transport from Dubai
- Stop for photos in front of Sharjah’s largest place of worship, King Faisal Mosque
- Visit the historical fort of Al Hisn and admire its traditional Emirati architecture
- Learn about the city’s history while exploring Sharjah Heritage Museum
- Shop for souvenirs at two exciting Sharjah souks: Souq Al Arsah and Souq Al Markazi
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary with personalized attention from a private guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
First stop is King Faisal Mosque, Sharjah’s largest place of worship that was gifted to the city by the Saudi Arabian king. Stretch your legs on a stroll around the outside and pose for pictures in front of its towering minarets.
Continue to Al Hisn Sharjah, the city’s historical fortress, and hear how the building was once lived in by Al Qasimi — the city’s ruling family. Stroll around inside and admire the traditional Emirati architecture and artifacts that date back some 200 years. Nearby is Sharjah Heritage Museum, so head here next to browse a fascinating array of exhibits that document the city’s history.
After getting acquainted with the city’s religious history and heritage, head to the souks to discover the importance of these lively markets in everyday Emirati life. Wander through Souq Al Arsah to browse stalls selling colorful pashminas and khanjars (daggers) alongside everyday herbs and spices, and hear stories of the Persian traders who hawked their wares at the souk almost 50 years ago.
Travel on to Souq Al Markazi where stalls brandishing gold and diamond jewelry are sandwiched between silk carpet shops. Enjoy some free time to explore the stalls and shop for souvenirs, and then start your journey back to Dubai. Your tour finishes with a drop-off at your Dubai hotel.
Since having problems with previous two tours in Dubai, we were given a different driver for this one. He was excellent and the tour was very interesting. He took us to the museum which was great and other places of interest. Plenty of photo stops. He didn't rush us and it was a very enjoyable morning. We were told by our previous day's guide that there was nothing to see in Sharjah. There was plenty. Would recommend this tour.
a different way to look at an intereting city. a lovely guide.