- Dublin day trip to the Cliffs of Moher
- Escape to County Clare on Ireland's west coast
- Visit the city of Limerick and hear tales of its Viking history from your expert guide
- Enjoy unforgettable views from the Cliffs of Moher over to the Aran Islands
- Explore the tiny town of Doolin, famous world-wide for its local music and four traditional Irish pubs
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned coach
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
These dramatic cliffs are a must-see! The entertaining guides and the enthralling scenery on this tour make the hours on the coach fly by.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Cordula S
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Anastasia K
- Atop the CliffsPhoto by: Kristen B
- CliffPhoto by: Hong F
- On top of the Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: koclimber
- Cliffs of moherPhoto by: SHUANG L
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Haley R
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Diana M
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: troskeyp
- The Burren, West Coast of ...Photo by: Rebecca F P
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: herrera208198
- Living on the EdgePhoto by: Dana
- Shot of the cliffsPhoto by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2015
- Old castle at the CliffsPhoto by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2015
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Alison W
- CliffsPhoto by: Kristi
- Cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Eero
Estonia, 06 2015
- Gorgeous colorsPhoto by: Mary M
- Looking out from Blarney ...Photo by: Grace H
- The cliffs of MoherPhoto by: Grace H
What You Can Expect
Passing through rural County Dublin, you will see the rolling hills, shimmering lakes and medieval castles that typify the Irish midland countryside. En route, there will be a stop in Limerick, the Mid-West Irish city that began life as a Viking colony and your expert guide will happily regale you with tales about the city's Viking past. Here you will pass the imposing King John's Castle and have the chance to stand beside the infamous Treaty stone, where the historic Treaty of Limerick was signed by the Jacobite Irish in 1691.
On arrival in County Clare, your guide will take you on a leisurely walk (lasting approximately 1.5 hours), over to the Cliffs of Moher, where you can enjoy unlimited photo opportunities. The cliffs are 702 feet (214 meters) high at their highest point and span more than 5 miles (8 km) of the coastline, creating a dramatic backdrop against the Atlantic Ocean. Take in spectacular views of the pretty Aran Islands and the Maum Turk mountains in Connemara to the south.
Continue on to the quaint village of Doolin for lunch in one of its four traditional Irish pub (for an additional cost), before walking it off with a stroll through Burren National Park – a vast limestone region, reminiscent of a lunar landscape, containing rare flowers. On your journey back to Dublin, you will travel via the scenic route on smaller roads overlooking the ocean. There will a brief stop for coffee near Galway Bay before arriving in Dublin in the early evening.
It's a long day, but well worth it! The Cliffs are even more amazing in person, especially on a clear day. It really is breath-taking. Loved the stops on the way there and back. We had a full bus and our lively driver kept us entertained the entire way! Definitely recommend seeing the west coast and cliffs on this day trip from Dublin!
Good day out good value
One whole day in a bustour, seeing a lot of the Irish country and hearing lots of facts and Irish jokes. End of course the magnificant clifs of Moher. Very much worth the money.
We were in Ireland for 3 days did 2 in Dublin and decided to see the country. Great way to do it on a short timeframe. Cliffs were not as walkable as we had hoped but still enjoyable. Bus driver was a great tour guide. Highly recommend it.
Professional and so much fun. We got to see way more than I thought we would see. We were lucky and had a smaller bus so as a small group got to make a couple decisions where we wanted to go. I'd absolutely recommend this trip in a heartbeat!
We had a bit of a mix up at the start with the buses but the drives amended it really quickly, and something that could of been an issue was handled really well. I had the best day on the tour, the cliffs were beautiful and the tour guides i had time with both where great. I can't remember the man I had most, but he had the smaller bus and was a terrific story teller. I love the cliffs, and all the other places we went to.
Great trip - many thanks. Highly recommended.
Awesome. Tour guide handled situations nicely when we had people reporting back to bus later than time permitted. Went to great places.
Breathtaking!!! Highly recommended tour.