- Full-day trip from Dublin to County Wicklow, also known as the "Garden of Ireland"
- Explore Wicklow Gaol, and learn about 18th century prison life in Ireland
- Visit Avoca Village, home of Ballykissangel - the Irish TV drama shown in the UK
- Enjoy a walking tour around the County Wicklow countryside, where scenes in P.S I Love You were filmed
- See tumbling ruins at the Glendalough Monastery
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Recent Photos of this Tour
Fans of the UK TV series Ballykissangel will be in for a treat, as your County Wicklow day trip heads inland to Avoca Village to see where the popular program was filmed. After a hearty Irish lunch (available for an additional cost) in a traditional Avoca pub, you’ll be treated to a guided walking tour around the area. Take in the beauty of the Vale of Avoca where the Avonmore and Avonberg rivers meet, and tour the Avoca copper mines that have been mined for iron, copper, silver and occasionally gold since 1949.
County Wicklow is often referred to as the "Garden of Ireland," and the serene woodlands, mountains and streams seen on your walking tour bear testament to this title. It was here, amid this stunning countryside, that scenes from the hit film P.S I Love You with Hilary Swank was filmed. You'll continue your walking tour to the fabled Motte Stone, perched on the summit of Cronebane Ridge at 2624 feet (800 meters), for incomparable views over the Irish countryside and Wicklow Mountains. On clear days, it can seem like the whole of Ireland is laid out before your feet.
Upon ending your walking tour, you'll relax on board your luxury coach, while traveling to your day trip's final destination of Glendalough. The beautiful valley is famous for its two glacial lakes and fascinating monastic site, comprising the ruins of a medieval monastery and round tower. You’ll have approximately 1.5 hours to explore Glendalough, before returning to central Dublin.