- Dublin historical walking tour shore excursion
- Enjoy a guided walk from Trinity College to Temple Bar
- Stroll through Trinity College, past Dublin Castle, by City Hall and along the River Liffey
- Learn from your guide about Dublin’s medieval and Georgian history
- Choice of a morning or afternoon tour
- Led by a Trinity College graduate guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Start your walking tour at Trinity College, where you can see the famous Book of Kells (entrance fee at own expense). Then make your way past the top sights of the city with your guide. Dublin is a city of many faces, home to a medieval quarter, stately 18th-century architecture and a thriving contemporary cultural scene. Behind the doorways and at every street corner you’ll find reminders of the characters – revolutionary, literary and otherwise – who made the city what it is today.
In just two hours, this entertaining 'seminar on the street' allows you to discover Irish history, from Dublin's development and the influence of the American and French revolutions to the Potato Famine, the 1916 Rising, the War of Independence and the Northern Ireland peace process.
Your tour ends in Temple Bar, Dublin’s cultural quarter. This maze of cobbled streets is nestled on the south bank of the River Liffey, in central Dublin.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Dublin port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
The guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiast about the tour. He gave very interesting commentary about the history and current events in the history of Dublin. I highly recommend this tour.
Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and an excellent communicator. We enjoyed the tour immensely.