- 1.5-hour walking tour of Glasnevin Cemetery plus museum admission
- Explore one of Ireland’s most impressive burial grounds
- Gain an insight into life in Dublin during the Victorian era from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit the O'Connell Crypt and tower, and learn about Daniel O’Connell
- Learn about many of Ireland’s famous citizens while browsing the museum exhibits independently
- Use a genealogy voucher to trace your own ancestry after the tour concludes
- Enjoy discounts on select purchases in the museum's shop and cafe
What You Can Expect
After meeting your guide outside the cemetery, visit the O'Connell Crypt, the resting place of Daniel O’Connell: one of Ireland’s most important citizens and the man responsible for a tireless campaign for Catholic emancipation in the early 19th century. See the famous O’Connell Tower, and learn how it has benefited from comprehensive restoration work in recent years.
As you walk around, learn of the many heroes of this great nation that have since passed away. Your guide might take you to the grave of Michael Collins, an Irish revolutionary whose grave still receives floral tributes today, or perhaps the resting place of Constance Markievicz, the first woman to be elected to the British House of Commons.
The tour was most enjoyable. The tour guide (Liam I think) was extremely knowledgeable, informative at times amusing. Terrific hour and a half. Well worth a visit.
We had a great day in Glasnevin. The tour was fantastic. The tour guide excellent. The museum very interesting. The tea and scone excellent too.