- 1.5-hour walking tour of Glasnevin Cemetery plus museum admission
- Explore one of Ireland’s most impressive burial grounds
- Gain an insight into life in Dublin during the Victorian era from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit the O'Connell Crypt and tower, and learn about Daniel O’Connell
- Learn about many of Ireland’s famous citizens while browsing the museum exhibits independently
- Use a genealogy voucher to trace your own ancestry after the tour concludes
- Enjoy discounts on select purchases in the museum's shop and cafe
What You Can Expect
After meeting your guide outside the cemetery, visit the O'Connell Crypt, the resting place of Daniel O’Connell: one of Ireland’s most important citizens and the man responsible for a tireless campaign for Catholic emancipation in the early 19th century. See the famous O’Connell Tower, and learn how it has benefited from comprehensive restoration work in recent years.
As you walk around, learn of the many heroes of this great nation that have since passed away. Your guide might take you to the grave of Michael Collins, an Irish revolutionary whose grave still receives floral tributes today, or perhaps the resting place of Constance Markievicz, the first woman to be elected to the British House of Commons.
Really enjoyed it. Paddy was a great guide. The two hrs flew by. Could have done two hrs more. Have recommended to family and friends
My husband and I were highly impressed with this tour. The tour guide Niall I think was excellent and very clear and distinct. He made the tour interesting and his little quips were very funny. Given the nature of the tour it was not heavy and there was no overload of information. Overall we really enjoyed it and have recommended it to others as a must see.
Thank you to all involved. Very well organised. Suggestion- any chance of developing a musicians/poets/etc cemetery tour!