- Day trip to Kilkenny City and Glendalough from Dublin
- Visit south-east Ireland's top attractions, including Kilkenny Castle
- Take the scenic route through Wicklow Mountains National Park en route to Glendalough
- Explore the monastic settlement at Glendalough, and see medieval archeology alongside abundant wildlife
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Walking tours of Kilkenny Medieval City & Glendalough Monastic Site
Recent Photos of This Tour
- GlendaloughPhoto by: hollylynettesmith
- Kilkenny CastlePhoto by: Jennifer G
- Wild Rover Irish Jaunting carPhoto by: Richard M
- The Waterfall in Wicklow ...Photo by: Brenda W
- Shamrocks in GlendaloughPhoto by: Brenda W
- Glendalough Upper LakePhoto by: Brittany F
- GlendaloughPhoto by: Kara M
- Round TowerPhoto by: Kara M
- Wicklow GapPhoto by: Kara M
- Wicklow GapPhoto by: Kara M
- Upper LakePhoto by: Kara M
- Glendalough TowerPhoto by: Christopher Z
- Glendalough in OctoberPhoto by: Tim L
- View from atop the tower at ...Photo by: Tim L
- GlendaloughPhoto by: eljx1988
Singapore, 09 2014
- GlendaloughPhoto by: Gil D
- GlendaloughPhoto by: Kimberley S
- IMG_0723Photo by: Kimberley S
- KilkennyPhoto by: Carmen M
- cavesPhoto by: STEPHEN Y
What You Can Expect
Just finished a great tour! The tour guide, James, really knows his history and he is great with people. He made sure every member of our large group was well informed, whether they were taking the walking tour with him or not. I learned so much about the history of religion in Ireland as well as Irish history and folklore. The 3 stops on this tour were beautiful and we spent adequate time at each. Great value for an unforgettable experience! I recommend this tour, especially with James as your guide!
bud I think his name was and Paddy were terrific. Friendly, knowledgeable, and funny they were. Both my husband and I had a great time. We will definitely book with this website and these tours again. Great tour guides, great tour. Liza from Texas
This was my second time to do this tour, and it didn't disappoint.
The weather was beautiful and our guide, Yoan, decided that since the weather was so wonderful and frankly, since Ireland's weather changes quite frequently we should go to Glendalough first. I cannot emphasize enough what a great choice that was! We had one of the best walks around the lake with the most picturesque weather!!
We made our way to Kilkenny and were allowed a few hours there. The weather changed a little, so we were super thankful we went to Glendalough first. Kilkenny is a great city that is easy to maneuver, so we were able to see a lot in a little amount of time.
Yoan was incredibly knowledgeable and his passion for Irish history is evident. Bravo to him and the busdriver his name escapes me, but he's from Wicklow for creating such a wonderful day for my mother and me!
I picked this tour at random online without knowing much about the trip or the company. We had a fantastic time. I would go again and recommend it for everyone looking for a day trip from Dublin. The countryside is beautiful and the tour guide, Mark, was fantastic and very knowledgeable. The driver, Seamus was also a very skillful driver. This was a fantastic trip and I wish I could go again.
Very beautiful places to visit and tour was very pleasant
Loved Grainne as our tour guide. My partner and I did the Kilkenny City and Glendalough Day Trip from Dublin. We couldn't have been more satisfied. The tour is a more at your own pace tour with options to do the walking city tour or explore on your own. We did several tours while in Ireland and I have to say hands down this was our favorite. The driver and guide are so kind and warm!!! Thank you again for making a memory that will last forever!!
Loved our Guide Granuaile and the tour!
Can't say enough great things about wild rover! First off, the coach itself is superb. Comfortable seating, clean, and wifi on board. Multiple stops for bathroom breaks. No food or drink on the bus, FYI. fine with us as it was clean and we had gotten spilled on during a previous tour with aDifferent company!
My husband and I did two tours with wild rover while we were in Dublin. First, we did Belfast and giants causeway. Two completely different experiences but both completely amazing. Our guide, Jim, was fantastic. There was a delay with the bus, but Jim and wild rover handled it professionally, responsibly, and because of their reaction, have some of the best customer service I have ever seen. Awesome trip! Driver John was great and we loved his accent!
Our second trip was to Kilkenny with Groinya and John was just as great. Plenty of time at all the stops and her knowledge and humor with every thing was out of this world. We personally didn't have kids traveling with us, but there were a few in our group. She brought them into her discussions with ease and made things easy for them to understand as well.
top notch tour company and highly, highly recommend!
Our driver Richard and our guide Srainne kept us well informed and entertained. The structure of the day was well planned and appreciated, it kept the day on schedule. Srainne is an amazing source of information, hard to believe someone can remember that much. Thanks for the wonderful day and to all those contemplating this tour, or any with Wild Rover, it is a must!