- Day trip to Kilkenny City and Glendalough from Dublin
- Visit south-east Ireland's top attractions, including Kilkenny Castle
- Take the scenic route through Wicklow Mountains National Park en route to Glendalough
- Explore the monastic settlement at Glendalough, and see medieval archeology alongside abundant wildlife
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Walking tours of Kilkenny Medieval City & Glendalough Monastic Site
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Castle- Pictures doesnt do it ...Photo by: cnoonan
- GlendaloughPhoto by: hollylynettesmith
- Kilkenny CastlePhoto by: Jennifer G
- Wild Rover Irish Jaunting carPhoto by: Richard M
- The Waterfall in Wicklow ...Photo by: Brenda W
- Shamrocks in GlendaloughPhoto by: Brenda W
- Glendalough Upper LakePhoto by: Brittany F
- GlendaloughPhoto by: Kara M
- Round TowerPhoto by: Kara M
- Wicklow GapPhoto by: Kara M
- Wicklow GapPhoto by: Kara M
- Upper LakePhoto by: Kara M
- Glendalough TowerPhoto by: Christopher Z
- Glendalough in OctoberPhoto by: Tim L
- View from atop the tower at ...Photo by: Tim L
- GlendaloughPhoto by: eljx1988
Singapore, 09 2014
- GlendaloughPhoto by: Gil D
- GlendaloughPhoto by: Kimberley S
- IMG_0723Photo by: Kimberley S
- KilkennyPhoto by: Carmen M
What You Can Expect
Yogesh J USA
It was a very enjoyable trip, with a knowlegeable and friendly guide, Yoan. The drive itself is quite pleasant and the stop in Kilkenny was wonderful. It was great to have a guided tour, walk around, have a leisurely lunch and enjoy the local environment. The drive through Wiklow mountain and the stop in Glendalough were interesting. Again, the guide made everything fun and pleasant, with interesting comments on history and life in the region. Overall, a fun trip that I would strongly recommend.
Yoan and Jack were pretty funny during the bus ride. Yoan knows a lot about the history of Ireland and is very knowledgeable. All in all, a fun worthwhile trip to take.
It was a wonderful tour! The exquisite Gronia kept us entertained all day with here knowledgeable and funny commentary. We would recommend this tour to everybody, it was a great day.
This was my first visit to Ireland. Friends recommended a visit to Glendalough, so I went looking for a tour. This trip on Viator, actually operated by Wild Rover Day Tours, had great reviews, so I booked it. I was NOT disappointed. Glendalough is spectacularly beautiful, rich in beauty and history. Kilkenny has a beautiful castle and some nice medieval buildings. Unfortunately, it wasn't clear when we arrived at the Wicklow Gap, but two out of three isn't bad! Grainne is a wonderful guide. Her knowledge of history and culture is quite extensive. I particularly appreciated her skill at storytelling. She helped make both Glendalough and Kilkenny come alive for me. It helped that we didn't have any rain during the walking tours! Hats off to John for professionally negotiating those amazingly narrow streets and lanes!
This tour was amazing!
Gorgeous! The castle in Kilkenny was breathe taking. The grounds of the castle was beautiful. It really gave you a taste of what a castle should be. Fully decorated, it was like going back in time. Wicklow was so surreal. The walk to the lake, awesome. The scenery looked like a post card. The monastery was very interesting. Our guide, Siofra, was great. Wish we had more time in Kilkenny.
Out tour was great! A wonderful driver and Yoann was a fantastic tour guide!
This tour was great! I loved Kilkenny, it was picture perfect! I would have loved more time to explore around. The scenery was gorgeous and my tourguide Grawnya was great! Glendalough was fascinating and gorgeous, it was a perfect day trip!
Gary S United States of ...
Had great guides Paddy and Richard would have liked more time never seems to be enough to see everything. I recommend the walking tour of Kilkenny city the guide gave us and then picking one major thing to see Like the castle or the church otherwise it feels rushed.
Great tour and Chiffre was very knowledgeable