- Day trip from Dublin to Belfast including a black cab tour and Giant's Causeway excursion
- Learn about Belfast’s complex history as you visit the Falls and Shankill neighborhoods in a black cab
- See top Belfast attractions including the Harland and Wolff shipyard and Belfast Docks
- Travel along the Antrim Coastal Drive and admire the scenery from your luxury coach
- Spend time at leisure at the Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Dun Luce Castle dating from the 15th century, in a stunning location on the edge of the coast
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
On a route around the city, your guide will talk you through the highs and lows of Belfast’s fascinating political history. Hear of its industrial roots, the past four decades of civil unrest, and of its current regeneration; many say the city’s heyday is still to come!
Look out for several of the top Belfast attractions that chart key events in its history, like the Harland and Wolff shipyard where the Titanic was built and Belfast Docks -- where numerous ships were made in the city's industrial days. See political murals as you pass through the Falls and Shankill neighborhoods where Belfast’s Unionist and Nationalist cultures live on opposing sides of the Belfast peace wall.
After a break to take refreshments in the city (own expense), leave the city lights of Belfast behind and hit the road to the Northern Irish coast. Following a route known as the Antrim Coastal Drive, pass spectacular scenery including stony shores, densely wooded glens and picture-perfect harbors.
After driving for roughly two hours, arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giant’s Causeway, where you’ll have more than two hours to explore at leisure. Created more than 60 million years ago after a series of volcanic eruptions, the causeway is best known for its distinctive rock formations that span nearly 18 miles (29 km) of coastline.
On the journey back to Dublin take a brief stop in the pretty town of Castlebelingham to stretch your legs, before arriving at your hotel in the evening.
Awesome history lessons, great guide (I think his name was Richie). Very knowledgeable and powerful messages delivered on the tour.
What a wonderful tour. Geordie our Black cab guide gave us a fantastic insight into living in Belfast and the issues faced by all. It was interesting to get both sides presented in such an unbiased way.
The trip to Giants causeway was all I was hoping for our guide Rob was a wealth of a knowledge and is a credit to his company as was Sean our driver who was also happy to chat when we were stopped.
One of the best tours on this trip and one I've recommended to others.