- Day trip from Dublin to Belfast including a black cab tour and Giant's Causeway excursion
- Learn about Belfast’s complex history as you visit the Falls and Shankill neighborhoods in a black cab
- See top Belfast attractions including the Harland and Wolff shipyard and Belfast Docks
- Travel along the Antrim Coastal Drive and admire the scenery from your luxury coach
- Spend time at leisure at the Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Dun Luce Castle dating from the 15th century, in a stunning location on the edge of the coast
What You Can Expect
On a route around the city, your guide will talk you through the highs and lows of Belfast’s fascinating political history. Hear of its industrial roots, the past four decades of civil unrest, and of its current regeneration; many say the city’s heyday is still to come!
Look out for several of the top Belfast attractions that chart key events in its history, like the Harland and Wolff shipyard where the Titanic was built and Belfast Docks -- where numerous ships were made in the city's industrial days. See political murals as you pass through the Falls and Shankill neighborhoods where Belfast’s Unionist and Nationalist cultures live on opposing sides of the Belfast peace wall.
After a break to take refreshments in the city (own expense), leave the city lights of Belfast behind and hit the road to the Northern Irish coast. Following a route known as the Antrim Coastal Drive, pass spectacular scenery including stony shores, densely wooded glens and picture-perfect harbors.
After driving for roughly two hours, arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giant’s Causeway, where you’ll have more than two hours to explore at leisure. Created more than 60 million years ago after a series of volcanic eruptions, the causeway is best known for its distinctive rock formations that span nearly 18 miles (29 km) of coastline.
On the journey back to Dublin take a brief stop in the pretty town of Castlebelingham to stretch your legs, before arriving at your hotel in the evening.
Amazing trip! From the tour guide on bus, to Tom from Belfast Black cab tours, to beauty of Giant's Causeway.
DO NOT MISS the cab tour of Belfast. The passion and history of the ride is unmatched. I have taken many tours of Ireland, this is one of the best , if not the best! Must do!
The bus was prompt, clean and safe. Driver did an excellent job, Carl I think his name was. Brian was terrific as the guide. He was timely in his comments, factual, added music and other antidotes to make it fun. He was very clear in his instructions but not burdensome. Everyone had a great time!