- 75-minute Guinness connoisseur tasting session inside Dublin’s Guinness Storehouse
- Skip the long entrance lines outside the Guinness Storehouse and head straight inside
- Learn all about the legendary Irish dry stout from your guide – a Guinness connoisseur!
- Sample four popular Guinness variants: Guinness Draft, Guinness Extra Stout, Guinness Foreign Extra and Guinness Black Lager
- Enjoy two pints of Guinness: one at the end of your tasting session and one inside the Gravity bar
- Take home a Guinness Storehouse souvenir
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
As your guide explains Guinness' history, characteristics and quirks, learn how the legendary Irish stout has come to be one of the most successful beer brands around the world. While explaining the different brands and the pouring ‘rituals’ needed to achieve a perfect head, your guide will pour four samples for you to try: Guinness Draft, Guinness Extra Stout, Guinness Foreign Extra and Guinness Black Lager.
Enjoy the creaminess of the draft beer, poured fresh from a tap in the bar, and contrast its smooth flavor with the rich chocolate-like tones of the extra stout. Savor the full-bodied notes of Guinness Foreign Extra and hear how it’s brewed with extra hops and barley to give it a more bitter bite. The fourth sample – black lager – is a cold-brewed version of the classic Irish stout that was only launched in 2012.
At the end of your tasting session, pick your favorite stout and enjoy a pint of it while relaxing with your group. Before leaving the room, your guide will give you a Guinness souvenir to take home, and then point you in the right direction to explore Guinness Storehouse at leisure. The museum is huge, with seven floors of memorabilia and interactive exhibitions that document the brew's history, production and Irish appeal! Finish up with a visit to the Gravity bar, enjoying great views over Dublin as well as another complimentary pint of Guinness draft.
This tour was fantastic! It was a slow day at the store, so I was able to get the Connoisseur experience all to myself. All 4 beers were great and the guide/bartender was excellent. I would recommend this to everyone who enjoys the beer in the US (it's better in Ireland).
Absolutely do this!! One of our favorite things we did on our trip!!