- Seven-hour trip by train and coach from Dublin to the Wicklow Mountains, Avoca and Glendalough
- Wicklow Mountains - the 'Garden of Ireland'
- Lovely village of Avoca, location for the BBC series Ballykissangel
- Ancient monastic settlement at Glendalough
- Hosted train travel
- Information pack
- Friendly, professional tour guide
Recent Photos of this Tour
On arrival at the village of Rathdrum, you'll join the coach for a journey through the Vale of Avoca. In the lovely village of Avoca (where the BBC series Ballykissangel was filmed) you can see famous Avoca wool-weavers at work and spend time at leisure.
Continue to the ancient monastic settlement at stunning Glendalough before rejoining the train for the scenic return journey to Dublin Connolly Station, conveniently arriving in the late afternoon.
Reviewed by Emerson R, December 2012
This tour was really excellent. It was well timed and the places we saw were what I came to Ireland to see. The train ride was pleasant and the coach ride was too. Edmund, our guide, was just wonderful and Tony, our driver, was a terribly decent fellow. I will definitely recommend this to everyone!
Reviewed by Timea H, Hungary, November 2012
The programme was great, the places were fascinating and the guide was well-qualified and he told us a lot of stories about the area and the sights. We enjoyed the whole trip. Everything was well organized and went smoothly.