- Day trip from Dublin to Wicklow, the 'Garden of Ireland'
- Guided tour of the 6th-century monastic ruins at Glendalough
- Stunning scenery and wild landscapes of Wicklow
- Opportunity to shop for Irish crafts at Avoca Handweavers
- See where scenes from Braveheart were filmed at Sally's Gap
- Pass by homes of Ireland's rich and famous in Killiney
- Visit a traditional Irish pub for lunch
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Movie buffs will enjoy seeing filming locations from Braveheart and visiting the bridge from P.S. I Love You. And anyone can appreciate the ruggedly scenic vistas as you journey along the coast and through the lovely Wicklow Mountains.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- IMG_9228Photo by: Emily S
- Guiness Lake!!Photo by: Eve G C
- Glendalough - Upper LakePhoto by: SaraG
United States of America, 12 2010
- Wild Wicklow Tour including ...Photo by: Chih Ning Linda L
- DSC_2551Photo by: Chih Ning Linda L
- Lough TayPhoto by: Kevin G
USA, 08 2009
- St Kevin's Monastery at ...Photo by: Kevin G
USA, 08 2009
- St Kevin's Celtic CrossPhoto by: Kevin G
USA, 08 2009
- Stream at GlendaloughPhoto by: Kevin G
USA, 08 2009
- Wicklow MountainsPhoto by: Sheryl T
USA, 12 2007
- KerkhofPhoto by: Pieter Jan K
- Scenery on way to GlendaloughPhoto by: Diana M
- WicklowPhoto by: israel r
- Ducks at GlendaloughPhoto by: israel r
- Wild Wicklow Tour BusPhoto by: israel r
- Wicklow Co.Photo by: israel r
- PowersCourtPhoto by: israel r
- James Joyce Tower and MuseumPhoto by: israel r
- On the road to GlendaloughPhoto by: ROLAND H
- Petit pont de pierrePhoto by: Jean F
What You Can Expect
You'll continue on to the green mountains of Wicklow County, where you'll stop for morning tea (additional cost) at Avoca Handweavers. The oldest wool mill in Ireland, Avoca Handweavers is a great place to shop for high-quality Irish crafts.
The next stop on your Wicklow tour in Glendalough, in Wicklow Mountains National Park. Glendalough is renowned for its natural beauty and history, and is one of the most visited places in Ireland.
At Glendalough, your guide will walk with you through the 6th-century monastic settlement. You'll learn about St Kevin, the founder of the ancient monastery, and hear stories relating to the ruins scattered about the site, including the famous Round Tower. There will also be time for a leisurely stroll through the woods to Upper Lake.
Leaving the peace and serenity of Glendalough behind, you'll head off for a stop at a local pub for lunch (additional cost). Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and good old-fashioned home cooking of a traditional Irish pub. Why not wash lunch down with a hearty pint of Guinness?
After lunch you'll begin your return to Dublin, via Sally's Gap, where scenes from Braveheart were filmed in 1995. This scenic but desolate area of wild bogland offers a stunning contrast to the Wicklow Mountains.
You'll arrive back in Dublin in the late afternoon, with drop-off either in Ballsbridge (D4) or at Trinity College.
I found this tour extremely enjoyable. I was travelling alone, and had done nothing like this alone before, but the tour guide made me feel comfortable, included and it was a very good day out! I would highly recommend this to anyone, whether traveling alone or otherwise. The driver/tour guide amongst his scooby-dooby-doo sayings, was very knowledgeable and made the tour what it is - excellent!
Amazing trip and great tour guide, highly recommended :
John our tour guide was awesome. So knowledgeable and fun. We really enjoyed ourselves due to him and would do another tour in a minute if he would be the guide. He's a real gem. So pleasant and he know how to take care of his guests!!!
It was amazing! All the sites were incredible and our tour guide John made it even better with his great sense of humor. I highly recommend going on this tour.
The guide John was amazing. He had so many neat stories about all of the places he took us, and he made sure everyone was having a good time. He took my picture at every stop, which I appreciated because I was not travelling with anyone.
I would recommend this tour to anyone, even if you're a lone traveller like myself. It was a great day! Thank you John!
We loved the tour guide most of all, as he drove us through Dublin 4 and other parts of the city to pick up other passengers, all the while giving us history lessons and anecdotes. The stops at Avoca and lunch pub were pleasant and well-timed. The driver dropped a group of us right across from our hotel on the way back, which we appreciated. Vistas were amazing in the Wicklow Mountains!
Our tour was on a beautiful autumn day and couldn and #39;t have been better! Our driver Johnnie was so entertaining and shared lots of stories about each of the stops along the way. The views were stunning and my favorite - Lough Tay was amazing!
The most beautiful scenery and a very good tour guide.
Gorgeous tour. Beautiful scenery. Our tour guide was so informative and gave us so many tips about Dublin and surrounding areas. Had a wonderful time, got to see more than I expected. I would highly recommended to anyone.