- Historical walking tour of Dubrovnik's ancient city walls
- See Fort Revelin and Minceta Tower with your local guide
- Wander around Dubrovnik's ancient walls
- Learn interesting facts about the city’s defensive and political challenges from your knowledgeable local guide
- Visit Fort Lovrijenac independently, the only fort physically separated from the City Walls
What You Can Expect
In the 11th century, the sea channel separating the city from mainland was covered up with earth, so a single wall was built to enclose the present-day Old Town. The city walls have been restored several times in history to resemble their original appearance. With your guide, see Fort Revelin and Minceta Tower within the city walls (entrance fees not included), and learn the strategic position of these forts and their role in Dubrovnik's history. You will also see Fort Lovrijenac in the distance, the only fort that belongs to the city walls but it's physically separated from them, and which you may visit after the tour.
As you wander around Dubrovnik's ancient walls, your guide will explain the defensive and political challenges faced by Dubrovnik in the past. Hear stories of the rivalry and conquest Dubrovnik has faced and learn the secrets of how the country used defensive fortifications and diplomacy to remain an independent republic for several years, before ending your tour near the port.
Marcus was a great guide, very knowledgeable, good pace, informative and he had a great sense of humor.
The Wall tour was amazing. The tour guide, Marco, was a true historian when it came to the Wall and the city of Dubrovnik. If you do one thing in Dubrovnik, this is it.