- 4.5-hour bike tour around the Dubrovnik countryside with a visit to an award-winning winery
- Enjoy panoramic vistas on the journey to the village of Gruda
- Cycle through charming Croatian villages with a guide, and pass olive groves and waterfalls
- Hear stories of local history and make the most of several photo stops
- Visit an award-winning winery, and sample some of the fine wine on offer
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
Begin the cycling section of your tour in the charming village of Gruda. After listening to a briefing on the route, put on your necessary equipment, including a helmet, and hop on your bike. Listen carefully as your guide explains the important safety aspects of the tour before leaving.
Soon, the sights of Gruda slip into the distance as you follow your guide through quaint villages and hamlets, and past olive groves, orchards, vineyards and waterfalls.
Enjoy frequent stops to take photos and listen as your guide recounts stories of local interest and history. Your cycling route takes you past 400-year-old watermills and a 600-year-old Franciscan monastery, and hearing the history of these fascinating features is sure to be a highlight of your tour. Evidence of the Croatian War of Independence is still visible in the buildings dotted around this part of the country. Hear how four years of conflict once tore through this now-peaceful area.
Break for a swim, and cool off in the clear mountain stream that tumbles down the hillside. Pause along the route for a satisfying lunch of sandwiches — they’re just the thing to keep your energy levels high!
With your cycle route completed, dismount at the last stop on the tour: an award-winning winery. Refresh your palate and sample three or four glasses of the many local wines produced in the region; you will certainly have earned it. At the conclusion of your winery visit, travel back to the start point near Dubrovnik Old Town by minivan.