- 2.5-hour walking tour from Dubrovnik Old Town to Fort Imperial
- Follow an ancient trail from the foot of Mt Srđ with an expert guide
- Listen to an informative audio guide and learn about the defenders of Dubrovnik
- Visit the war memorial museum inside the beautiful Imperial fortress
- Enjoy a glass of local wine on the fortress’s open-air terrace and watch the sunset
- Take in the views of the city and beyond on a cable car trip to the Old Town
What You Can Expect
Take an audio guide from your guide and follow in the footsteps of those who climbed the trail back in the 1990s to fight off the attacks during the Croatian War of Independence. As you stroll, listen to the audio guide and learn about the siege of Dubrovnik and the hardships that were endured by the locals during this difficult time.
After an hour of gentle uphill walking, arrive at the war memorial museum set inside Fort Imperial. Built during the French occupation some 200 years ago, the fort served as the single most important defense point of the Croatian War of Independence and it was left unrepaired as a lasting testament to the dark events that took place during this time. The fort, along with the nearby houses, serves as one of Dubrovnik’s most unique and emotive museums.
After touring the fort with your guide, head to its open-air terrace. From this optimum position, unwind with a glass of local wine and watch the sun as it slips below the horizon. Have your camera ready as the sky transforms into glorious shades of reds, oranges and pinks. After the sun has set, finish your glass of wine and head for the cable car back to Old Town.
Take in specular views of the city, the island of Lokrum and the distant Elafiti islands as you descend from Mt Srđ toward the terracotta-tiled rooftops of the twinkling Old Town. Your tour concludes at the lower cable car station, leaving you perfectly positioned to explore the Old Town’s maze of cobbled streets and narrow passageways, if you wish.