- Full-day Konavle Valley tour from Dubrovnik with a local guide
- See the scenic foothills of Sniježnica Mountain as you travel to Brajkovici village by coach
- Visit four family-run wineries and travel between each one by mini-train
- Enjoy three wine-tasting sessions and savor a hearty ‘peasant’s lunch’ to soak up the wine
- Watch a wool-making demonstration at an old mill in the seaside village of Ljuta
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Dubrovnik included
Hear the history of this relatively undiscovered area from your guide as you travel through its sleepy villages, admiring the sights. First stop is in Brajkovici village to visit a family-run wine cellar. Learn about grape cultivation in the valley and hear about the centuries-old expertise that attributes to the winery’s success. Besides a history of wine production, the unassuming little village also boasts a mini-train that runs deep into the heart of Konavle Valley. Board this train next, and then hop on and off as you travel through the area, visiting three more family-run wineries.
At each one, meet the local winemakers and hear their production secrets interpreted by your guide. Sample their best whites and reds, and try a few of the region’s syrupy sweet dessert wines while learning about their defining characteristics. In one of the vineyards, a typical ‘peasant’s brunch’ will be served to help you soak up the wines. Feast on a suitably rustic (and delicious) dish of bacon, onions, cheese, eggs and bread, and then enjoy a slice of traditional cake at the last winery visited.
Hop back aboard your mini-train for a final ride to the coastal village of Ljuta. Visit its old mill to learn how the village’s flour was milled in bygone days, and then watch a demonstration of another village craft – wool making! Dressed in Croatia’s eye-catching national attire, a host at the mill will explain these crafts, while showing you how vital goods were made.
Return to your Dubrovnik by coach, and arrive back at your hotel in the early evening.