- Full-day rafting trip to the Tara River in Montenegro from Dubrovnik
- Experience the Tara River Gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest canyon in Europe
- Navigate through rushing river rapids with your expert guide
- Take in the magnificent waterfalls and the stunning scenery of Durmitor Mountain
- Breakfast and lunch of local food are included
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the rafting camp, enjoy a delicious breakfast of local specialties. Your experienced guide then will introduce you to river rafting with a brief safety overview and instruction. Now you’re ready to begin your river-rafting adventure! Be driven by Jeep to the most attractive part of the Tara River Gorge, and hop in your raft to start your tour. While passing by waterfalls and wild springs, stop for photo ops to capture the breathtaking scenery.
The Tara River will provide you with an unforgettable rafting experience as you make your way through the Tara River Gorge, the longest canyon in Europe and second longest in the world after the Grand Canyon. Your guide will give you instructions on how to paddle through the Class III and Class IV rapids while you admire the riverside sights, including old water mills, monasteries, and shepherds with their young lambs, drinking water from the river. Pass well-preserved villages and take in the stunning shape of Durmitor Mountain, for which Durmitor National Park is named.
After 15 miles (25 km) of rafting, you’ll reach a central rafting stop. Relax on a local restaurant's terrace overlooking the river, where you'll enjoy a lunch local specialties. You can also go for a swim to cool off in this calm area of the river.
In the late afternoon, you’ll be driven back to Dubrovnik.