- Day trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Dubrovnik
- Discover Mostar's Old Bridge as well as its multicultural heritage monuments, like the Mosque of Mostar and the Turkish House
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pocitelj city center
- Enjoy a walking tour of Medjugorje, an important pilgrimage location for the Catholic world
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention from your guide
Special offer:Book and travel before August 31 and save 10% on on the retail recommended price.
What You Can Expect
Admire views of the Adriatic Sea as you drive along the Croatia coast. After you cross the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina, have a break in Neum, the only coastal town in the country. As you wander around this beautiful city at your leisure, shop for some souvenirs or grab a coffee at a local café.
Continue along the picturesque Neretva River delta to the town of Pocitelj. Enjoy a guided walking tour of the town center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and look at historical landmarks such as the Haji-Ali Mosque and Sahat-kula, a silo-shaped fort on top of the hill above the town.
Next, take in views of the Bosnian countryside as you head to Medjugorje, an important place of pilgrimage in the Catholic world since 1981, when visions of Our Lady of Peace (another name for the Virgin Mary) were reported. Walk around with your guide, who will explain the history of this spiritual location, and then enjoy free time to explore more on your own and attend a mass, if you wish.
Continue to Mostar, a cultural and religious meeting point. Admire Mostar's Old Bridge, a single arch stone bridge, and visit the Mosque of Mostar and the Turkish House. After some free time to have lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). Then, relax and take in views of the Bosnian countryside as you head back to Dubrovnik.