- Dunedin sightseeing tour and visit to Olveston House
- See Dunedin's city center attractions on a sightseeing coach
- Admire Otago University, the Botanical Gardens, beautiful homes and other historic buildings
- Learn about Dunedin's history and architecture
- Enjoy a 1-hour guided tour of Olveston House
- Experience wonderful views of Otago Peninsula & Harbour
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your one-hour tour of Olveston House reveals the history behind this 35-room mansion, and details how it was built for a merchant and his familyin the early 20th century. Built in a Jacobean style, and filled with the sumptuous furniture and ornaments collected by the home's wealthy owners, Olveston House is surrounded by century-old trees and manicured lawns. Take a stroll through the gardens before being returned to The Octagon where you will enjoy late morning and early afternoon free time, a spot of shopping and lunch (own expense).
In the afternoon re-board the sightseeing coach listening to informative onboard commentary detailing Dunedin’s history, travel around the city centre and discover how scenic Dunedin is built on a series of hills surrounding a volcanic bay, looking onto the Otago Peninsula. Then see how the city's buildings and roads ring the harbour when you visit the world's steepest street!
Head past Otago University, New Zealand’s first university, and drive past pretty sights like the city's neo-Gothic churches, Edwardian train
station, neoclassical town hall, opulent theaters, imposing banks and other grand 19th-century buildings. Then see the beautifully landscaped trees and plants of the Dunedin Botanical Gardens before being returned to Dunedin port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Dunedin port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.