- Waitaki Valley food and wine-tasting day trip from Dunedin
- Taste locally produced cheese at Whitestone Cheese in Oamaru
- Sample wines at two different locations in Waitaki Valley
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Kurow Winery
- Wine tasting and time to explore the historic town of Oamaru
Continue north to Kurow Valley, located 32 miles (53 kilometers) and enjoy a delicious lunch at Kurow Winery, showcasing local ingredients produced in the remarkable climate and growing conditions of the Waitaki region. Then, sample a variety of both Kurow Village and Pasquale wines.
Next, head to Vintner’s Drop in Kurow, which offers a selection of wines from the Ostler Vineyard. Taste aromatic Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Riesling, all boasting unique flavors and scents characteristic of wines produced in the surrounding limestone region.
Return south to Oamaru and visit Birdlands Wine Bar where you'll taste a selection of Brother Adam, Bobbing Creek and Rippon wines. Then, spend some time exploring the historic town before relaxing on a scenic drive back to Dunedin.