- Day trip to the Inca ruins of Ingapirca from Cuenca
- Explore the largest archaeological Inca ruins in Ecuador
- Learn about the historical significance of this fascinating archaeological site from your guide
- Observe local handicrafts and enjoy a lunch of typical regional dishes
- Pickup and drop-off from most Cuenca hotels included
What You Can Expect
Your guide will lead you around this fascinating ruins complex, whose stone structures surround the prominent circular sun temple. Discover how this site displays both the Inca and Canari cultures' mastery of stonework and their keen awareness of solar patterns.
You’ll also learn how this complex played an important role in military strategies by serving as a fortress and provisions to troops in north Ecuador.
As you explore by foot, observe typical regional handicrafts, including pottery, leather goods and more. You'll also have the chance to watch craftsmen weave Panama hats. On Sundays, you'll visit the Handcraft Market of Canar, located near Ingapirca.
You’ll then enjoy a meal of typical dishes from the region of Cuenca. Relax and chat with your fellow travelers over lunch and then hop back in your comfortable vehicle to head back to your hotel.