- 2.5-hour cupcake and macaron tour of Edinburgh
- Learn about the sweet treats and different food trends from a local guide
- Explore the Royal Mile as well as streets in the surrounding central Edinburgh area
- Try up to six different food samples including macarons, cupcakes and shortbread cookies
- Visit beloved cafes and candy shops such as Lickety Splits and Cuckoo’s Bakery
What You Can Expect
Hunt down the most interesting varieties of cupcakes and macarons as you explore the Royal Mile and surrounding streets, visiting some of the city’s finest food shops and savoring up to six samples as you go.
Head inside Cuckoo’s Bakery where delicious cupcakes are made each day by hand. High quality and locally sourced ingredients are only ever used in their cakes, ensuring that the seductively sweet flavors remain unforgotten. Continue to Bibi’s Bakery where billowy meringues and soft macarons are piled high alongside cupcakes, and then visit Patisserie Valerie, a much-loved chain that produces more of the popular sweet treats.
Wander across to Lickety Splits candy shop to try the delights concocted by Mademoiselle Macaron — a Scottish lass who has given French macarons a lovely local twist. Further highlights of the tour include Mimi’s Picnic Parlour, a family-run enterprise with a reputation for culinary indulgence, and Pinnies and Poppy Seeds where shortbread cookies are given a starring role.
After 2.5 hours, your tour finishes at Pinnies and Poppy Seeds; it’s the perfect place to shop for souvenirs, if you wish!