- Private shore excursion to St Andrews and Fife from the Edinburgh port
- Cross the famous Forth Road Bridge
- Explore the medieval town of St Andrews, home of golf and Scotland's oldest university
- See the historical Falkland Palace
- Receive a discount card to use at local restaurants, shops and attractions
- Private tour with knowledgeable guide ensures a more intimate experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your private shore excursion continues past the charming village of Crail as you travel to the medieval town of St Andrews, the capital of the Scottish Church for almost 1,000 years and home to the oldest university in Scotland (600 years), attended by Prince William. You'll enjoy free time to have lunch (own expense) and to explore St Andrews, known as the home of golf, on your own.
From St Andrews, take a pleasant drive through central Fife to Falkland. Falkland Palace dominates this old village, and was one of the main residences of the old royal family of Scotland. Returning to the Edinburgh port, you will cross the Lomond Hills and pass Loch Leven, where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned.
This shore excursion is flexible and able to be personalized, depending on weather and other conditions. If you’d like to adjust the itinerary a bit, you may tell your driver/guide on the day of your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Edinburgh port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.