- Private shore excursion to the Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh
- Experience the lochs and glens of the Highlands
- Enjoy free time in Pitlochry to visit a local whisky distillery
- See Glencoe and Loch Tummel from the Queen's View
- Private tour with knowledgeable guide ensures a more personalized experience
- Receive a discount card to use local restaurants, shops and attractions
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
When you cross the Highland boundary fault line, the scenery changes from the rolling farmlands of the Lowlands to the forested hills and mountains of the Scottish Highlands that inspired Shakespeare's Macbeth. Here, take a stroll through the beautiful Hermitage and watch the River Braan crashing over spectacular waterfalls.
Continue along the River Tay, the longest river in Scotland with the greatest flow of water of any river in Britain. On arrival in Pitlochry, enjoy free time to have lunch (own expense) and take the opportunity to visit a whisky distillery or the dam where salmon leap in summer. Then head to Killiecrankie and the Queen's View, where you might catch a glimpse of Loch Tummel, Schiehallion and the hills of Glencoe.
En route back to Edinburgh, drive over the picturesque Sma' Glen that connects the Highlands and Lowlands of Scotland, and pass the charming town of Crieff, which has been a famous Scottish holiday resort since Victorian times.
This shore excursion is flexible and able to be personalized, depending on weather and other conditions. If you’d like to adjust the itinerary a bit, you may tell your driver/guide on the day of your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Edinburgh port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.