- Day trip to the Scottish Highlands and the famous Loch Ness by bus
- Soak up the unspoiled scenery of the Great Glen and Rannoch Moor with your expert guide
- Admire spectacular views of the Caledonian Canal, Perthshire, Glen Coe and the Forth Bridge
- Take an optional boat cruise on Loch Ness to catch a glimpse of the legendary monster Nessie
- Enjoy a locally produced 'Taste of Scotland' picnic lunch in the quaint village of Fort Augustus
Recent Photos of this Tour
When you arrive at Fort Augustus, a charming Highland village on the banks of the famous Loch Ness, take a leisurely stroll through the village or simply relax by the Caledonian Canal. Enjoy a locally produced ‘Taste of Scotland ’picnic lunch that includes a bottle of Scottish mineral water, a choice of freshly made sandwiches, fresh fruit and shortbread. If you want to learn more about Scottish cuisine, your guide can direct you to some great local cafés for more tasty treats.
You also have the opportunity to take a 1-hour boat cruise on the loch (own expense). Discover the mysteries of the legendary Nessie monster on a custom-built boat designed specifically for sailing on this loch, equipped with the very latest underwater imaging technology, giving you a fascinating view of the terrain and life under the surface. Relax with a coffee or beer at the onboard bar.
Your journey continues past the shimmering Loch Laggan and then over the Pass of Drumochter, the main mountain pass connecting the northern and southern Scottish Highlands. Heading south, pass Perthshire and Big Tree Country, filled with lush forests, rivers and mountains, before getting an impressive view of Forth Bridge. Your Loch Ness and Scottish Highlands day tour ends in Edinburgh around 8pm.
Reviewed by Marcello NL, Netherlands, May 2013
Reviewed by Melissa R, March 2013
Beautiful country and great way to see it!