- Day trip to the Scottish Highlands and the famous Loch Ness by bus
- Soak up the unspoiled scenery of the Great Glen and Rannoch Moor with your expert guide
- Admire spectacular views of the Caledonian Canal, Perthshire, Glen Coe and the Forth Bridge
- Take an optional boat cruise on Loch Ness to catch a glimpse of the legendary monster Nessie
- Enjoy a locally produced 'Taste of Scotland' picnic lunch in the quaint village of Fort Augustus
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Glencoe!Photo by: Caitlin R
- Lago NessPhoto by: Natydequilmes
- A place in HighlandPhoto by: Seong Yeop K
- le Loch NessPhoto by: Sylvie H
- MindesmærkePhoto by: Jakob G
- Smuk naturPhoto by: Jakob G
- På vej mod Lock NessPhoto by: Birthe V. S
- Scottish LochPhoto by: ANN Y
- sejltur på Loch NessPhoto by: Claus T
- de 3 søstrePhoto by: Claus T
- på vej til Loch NessPhoto by: Claus T
- vakantie 2012 107Photo by: Patricia N
Netherlands, 07 2012
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at Fort Augustus, a charming Highland village on the banks of the famous Loch Ness, take a leisurely stroll through the village or simply relax by the Caledonian Canal. Enjoy a locally produced ‘Taste of Scotland ’picnic lunch that includes a bottle of Scottish mineral water, a choice of freshly made sandwiches, fresh fruit and shortbread. If you want to learn more about Scottish cuisine, your guide can direct you to some great local cafés for more tasty treats.
You also have the opportunity to take a 1-hour boat cruise on the loch (own expense). Discover the mysteries of the legendary Nessie monster on a custom-built boat designed specifically for sailing on this loch, equipped with the very latest underwater imaging technology, giving you a fascinating view of the terrain and life under the surface. Relax with a coffee or beer at the onboard bar.
Your journey continues past the shimmering Loch Laggan and then over the Pass of Drumochter, the main mountain pass connecting the northern and southern Scottish Highlands. Heading south, pass Perthshire and Big Tree Country, filled with lush forests, rivers and mountains, before getting an impressive view of Forth Bridge. Your Loch Ness and Scottish Highlands day tour ends in Edinburgh around 8pm.
This was a long day but a great trip. Tour guide was excellent.
Exceeded expectations and tour guide/driver Chris was excellent. Would highly recommend.
Amazing scenery and a full day of interesting things to see and do. Our tour guide Dave was fabulous, having a great sense of humour but also provided lots of information. Would recommend this tour, however it is a very long day at 12 hours duration
Our guide Tony was very knowledgeable and a fantastic storyteller. He made this quick day trip truly memorable.
This was the best tour. The small size made it a friendlier group. The guide was excellent. I loved evrery minute of it. The sites, the scenery and the stories.
Excellent. Highly recommend. Used Mountain Goat Tours as local provider. Chris, the driver and guide was outstanding. Ted D.
The journey up through the highlands was amazing so much so that Loch Ness was a little anticlimactic!. Great trip! Left from a very central, easy to find location. Would recommend it.
This day trip to Loch Ness was wonderful. It's a long day, but we didn't mind sitting on the bus for long stretches because of all the gorgeous scenery. Our guide, Nick, was great. It was a bit strange that the guide was also the driver - he often had to stop mid-sentence to concentrate on the road, etc. Plus, he couldn't engage with the group as well as if he hadn't been driving. But he still did a great job of giving us lots of information about our surroundings and the history of Scotland. The Loch Ness cruise is an extra expense, but I would highly recommend purchasing it - otherwise you're going to have to amuse yourself in the tiny village by the loch for an hour. The cruise is definitely worth the extra cost.
This is a great way to experience Scotland if time is short. It's a taste of everything in one day. It is a long day traveling, but well worth it as its a great day our. We were fortunate to have a fantastic guide and even saw some snow in the middle of summer!