- Travel from Scotland's East coast to West coast in one day
- See the rugged natural beauty of the Scottish Highlands
- Hear historical tales of Clan rivalry from your expert guide
- Visit quaint Highland towns, castles and lochs on your small group tour
- Explore Oban, the seafood capital of Scotland and walk up McCaig's Tower
- Smaller group tour, with a maximum of 15 people, ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Pass the hauntingly beautiful ruins of Kilchum Castle on the shores of Loch Awe, and hear tales of the Campbell Clan who once claimed the land as a stronghold. Loch Awe also follows the Pass of Brander, where Robert the Bruce (Scotland's heroic King) fought many a fierce battle in bygone times.
Reaching the Victorian seaside town of Oban in the early afternoon, take the chance to sample the freshest seafood from the town named as the Scottish Seafood Capital! Walk off your lunch with a stroll over to McCaig's Tower, the magnificent granite folly which has dominated the town's skyline since 1895. Don't be put-off by the long climb to the top! You'll be rewarded by spectacular views across the sea to the Isle of Mull.
On the return route back to Edinburgh, there will be a stop in Inverarary, a quaint village which lines the shores of Loch Fyne - characterized by it's pretty white-washed houses. Spend time at leisure and try some of the town's home-made sweets before heading back to Edinburgh, passing Scottish countryside steeped in myth and legend.
Great, Scottish countryside is beautiful. Oban is a lovely wee fishing harbour and is nice to walk around. Our guide was very good and got a lot of information on surrounding area. All in all a very pleasant day.
Excellent tour and guide.