- Day trip to the Scottish Highlands Games from Edinburgh
- Scenic drive past lochs, mountains and glens
- See the tossing of the caber, Highland dancing and piping competitions
- Experience unique Scottish hospitality
Recent Photos of This Tour
Competitor about to lift a ...Photo by: Anonymous
Highland Games Log Lifting ...Photo by: Julie G
Track event at Highland ...Photo by: Julie G
Braemar Highland Games, ...Photo by: Julie G
Pipe bandPhoto by: Julie G
Highland GamesPhoto by: Gilvam
EdinburghPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
Dating back more than 900 years, when the Clans gathered to show off their athletic skills, the Scottish Highland Games are an unmissable event on the European calendar.
Highlights of this fantastic spectacle include Highlands dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and, of course, tossing the caber.
The Games are held in different regions throughout the year, with the most famous held in Braemar in late summer.
All tours spend the morning exploring the Highlands en-route to the village where the games are being held and at least 2-3 hours at the games themselves.
- Glamis Caslte Highland Games (June 8)
- Luss Highland Games (July 5)
- Loch Lomond Highland Games (July 19)
- Callander Highland Games (July 26)
- St Andrews Highland Games (July 27)
- Bridge of Allan Highland Games (August 3)
- Stirling Highland Games (August 16)
- Crieff Highland Games (August 17)
- Braemar Highland Games (September 6)
- Pitlochry (September 13)
This was a fantastic day trip and I would highly recommend it
The weather :)
The Tour Guide - entertaining and informative
Ease of booking and location on Royal Mile (very helpful and friendly staff)
I think this is a unique experience and it an attraction to go when you're in Scotland. Also, me and my wife were lucky to have a nice weather (mostly sunny with a shower passing by) and very friendly people. We really enjoyed our time in Edinburgh and I wish we had more time for other attractions and to travel to other areas in Scotland - more to North or West... I mean.. more to the Highlands.
BTW... the Military Tattoo was GREAT!