- Day trip to the Scottish Highlands Games from Edinburgh
- Scenic drive past lochs, mountains and glens
- See the tossing of the caber, Highland dancing and piping competitions
- Experience unique Scottish hospitality
Recent Photos of this Tour
Dating back more than 900 years, when the Clans gathered to show off their athletic skills, the Scottish Highland Games are an unmissable event on the European calendar.
Highlights of this fantastic spectacle include Highlands dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and, of course, tossing the caber.
The Games are held in different regions throughout the year, with the most famous held in Braemar in late summer.
2013 Scottish Highland Games Day Trip schedule:
- Glamis Caslte Highland Games (June 9)
- Luss Highland Games (July 6)
- Stirling Highland Games (July 14)
- Callander Highland Games (July 27)
- Bridge of Allan Highland Games (August 4)
- Crieff Highland Games (August 18)
- Braemar Highland Games (September 7)
- Pitlochry (September 14)
Reviewed by ingvill73, July 2012
Loved it!! But we left too early from Alva (event was moved because of rain), so we got there before the Highland games started, and didn't get to see the tossing of the caber...The trip should have started later and ended later. Liked that we also stopped at the monument for Robert the Bruce and the one for William Wallace. Informativ and fun guide.
Reviewed by kellythepea, USA, August 2011