- Day trip to the Scottish Highlands Games from Edinburgh
- Scenic drive past lochs, mountains and glens
- See the tossing of the caber, Highland dancing and piping competitions
- Experience unique Scottish hospitality
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Competitor about to lift a ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Stirling Highland GamesPhoto by: Daniela G
- Luss Highland Games July 5, ...Photo by: J A H
- Highland Games Log Lifting ...Photo by: Julie G
- Track event at Highland ...Photo by: Julie G
- Braemar Highland Games, ...Photo by: Julie G
- Pipe bandPhoto by: Julie G
- Highland GamesPhoto by: Gilvam
- EdinburghPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
Dating back more than 900 years, when the Clans gathered to show off their athletic skills, the Scottish Highland Games are an unmissable event on the European calendar.
Highlights of this fantastic spectacle include Highlands dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and, of course, tossing the caber.
The Games are held in different regions throughout the year, with the most famous held in Braemar in late summer.
All tours spend the morning exploring the Highlands en-route to the village where the games are being held and at least 2-3 hours at the games themselves.
- Glamis Caslte Highland Games (June 8)
- Luss Highland Games (July 5)
- Loch Lomond Highland Games (July 19)
- Callander Highland Games (July 26)
- St Andrews Highland Games (July 27)
- Bridge of Allan Highland Games (August 3)
- Stirling Highland Games (August 16)
- Crieff Highland Games (August 17)
- Braemar Highland Games (September 6)
- Pitlochry (September 13)
United States of ...
How fun!!! I had such an amazing time on this trip! The Queen even came! Dougie was our tour guide and quite awesome. I think the only thing I didn't realize is that you have to pay for seats to sit down close to the action. As a photographer, this frustrated me but it ended up alright! REALLY long day, so be prepared!
Fantastic! the most impressive part: the tour guide! She was amazing! Good mood, great stories and historic details. I loved it all! Wonderful day!
Excellent guide who gave us very good information and interesting. Loved seeing the Highland Games in Scotland as my family had attended the Highland Games in Los Angeles for 30 years. A Must for visiting Scotland to walk around with the locals and enjoy the Games tradition.
We found the day to be perfect even though we had a break down on the way back.
The Games were amazing and there was no tourist theme to them at all - it was just pure Scottish traditional that we were fortunate enough to witness.
Our guide was first class- he was extremely knowledgable and funny
Great day at the Luss Games. Also stops at several interesting sites on the way to the games. Great driver who was entertaining and informative (Eoghain). Had a slight issue with the bus on the way home, which was handled very professionally and timely. Overall, a great day.
This was a fantastic day trip and I would highly recommend it
The weather :)
The Tour Guide - entertaining and informative
Ease of booking and location on Royal Mile (very helpful and friendly staff)
I think this is a unique experience and it an attraction to go when you're in Scotland. Also, me and my wife were lucky to have a nice weather (mostly sunny with a shower passing by) and very friendly people. We really enjoyed our time in Edinburgh and I wish we had more time for other attractions and to travel to other areas in Scotland - more to North or West... I mean.. more to the Highlands.
BTW... the Military Tattoo was GREAT!
Scott was our guide...outstanding driving,Games , commentary AND added tour of the Wallace Monument. Thanks! Macgregor Hay
Loved it!! But we left too early from Alva (event was moved because of rain), so we got there before the Highland games started, and didn't get to see the tossing of the caber...The trip should have started later and ended later. Liked that we also stopped at the monument for Robert the Bruce and the one for William Wallace. Informativ and fun guide.