- Combined Highlands day trip and ticket to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Trossachs National Park to the Highlands
- Learn all about Scotch whisky on a whisky distillery tour and enjoy a sample, too
- Explore the Hermitage pleasure grounds, and walk through the woodlands to Ossian’s Cave
- Gaze in awe at the tattoo’s performers at the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle
- Book for a Saturday to include entrance to a firework display after the tattoo
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Travel along the banks of tranquil Loch Earn into the beautiful Highlands region of Perthshire, where you have the option to learn about the production of Scottish whisky on a local whisky distillery tour. Learn about the barley and malt used to produce the peaty notes of a good Scotch, and sample a shot of whisky made on site. Next, explore the peaceful Hermitage pleasure grounds and take a short woodland walk to see some spectacular waterfalls as well as Ossian’s Cave and the River Braan. A break for lunch (own expense) is included either at the whisky distillery or at the Hermitage pleasure grounds.
Return to Edinburgh in the early evening, passing the medieval Dunkeld Cathedral and Forth Bridge, and then enjoy free time to relax and eat dinner (own expense) before making your own way to Edinburgh Castle for the Military Tattoo.
Set on the floodlit esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo includes acts by performers from around the world. The action-packed program features hundreds of Commonwealth participants with appearances from the Massed Pipers and Drums, the Bands of Her Majesty's Royal Marines, cultural troupes, singers and the Lone Piper.
The evening event typically lasts around 1.5 hours and finishes at the esplanade. If you book the experience for a Saturday, the tattoo is followed by a spectacular fireworks display over the city. Food and drink stands can be found on site; just note that any items are at your own expense.
The high point of my trip! A very knowledgeable driver/guide with stories to spare. The Edinburgh Tattoo seats were excellent. One day was not enough to take it all in. Next time I'm taking a multi-day tour.
Great tour. Excellent guide. Thoroughly recommend it!