- Audio-guided day trip to the Highlands from Edinburgh
- Stroll around Glencoe and learn about the Massacre of Glencoe from your audio guide
- Pass Ben Nevis and admire the remote wilderness of the Highland scenery
- Visit Loch Ness and look out for Nessie – the famous Loch Ness Monster
- See of top Inverness attractions on a coach tour, including the River Ness and St Andrew’s Cathedral
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is the best way to see the Scottish Highlands in one day! The commentary is in your language, and you’ll see countless castles and shimmering lochs as you travel.
What You Can Expect
Continue your journey along the banks of Loch Linnhe, passing Ben Nevis – Britain’s highest peak – and up the Great Glen, a dramatic series of glens that stretch to the Grampian Mountains. Sit back and relax, enjoying the windswept Highland scenery, typified by glistening lochs, forests and towering hills.
At the top of the Great Glen, the hilly vistas give way to your first glimpse of Loch Ness, famous for its beauty, size and, of course, Nessie -- the fabled Loch Ness Monster! Travel around the length of the loch, stopping at Urquhart Castle for photos and enjoying a stroll around the water’s edge itself, listening to your audio guide. If time permits, take a ‘monster-spotting’ cruise around the Loch (own expense).
After a break for lunch (own expense), travel further north to Inverness – the captivating capital of the Highlands. Enjoy a panoramic tour of the city from the comfort of your coach, hearing its history, and seeing sights like the River Ness and St Andrew’s Cathedral.
From Inverness, start your journey back to Edinburgh, passing through the picturesque Spey Valley and an area known as Perthshire. Admire the majestic peaks of the Cairngorm Mountains and then finish your tour at the start point.