- Day trip from Edinburgh to Cairngorms National Park, Loch Ness and Glen Coe
- Head by coach into the Scottish Highlands and travel through the fantastic landscapes of Cairngorms National Park
- See the famous Loch Ness, a body of water some believe is home to a mysterious sea creature
- Visit Glen Coe, a place known as much for a horrific massacre as its gorgeous scenery
- Spot the cliffside castle in Stirling and learn of the adventures of William Wallace, whose life was depicted in the movie Braveheart
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The scenery on this trip is phenomenal and the history is gripping. It all makes for an unforgettable day – especially if you spot the Loch Ness Monster!
What You Can Expect
Make your way through Britain’s highest mountain range in Cairngorms National Park, taking in sensational panoramas at every turn. Then, arrive at Loch Ness, where you will have time to have lunch at a nearby restaurant or enjoy a picnic (own expense).
If weather conditions permit, hop on a boat with your guide and enjoy a cruise (own expense) around this world-famous lake. Keep your eyes peeled for the legendary Loch Ness Monster, a dinosaur-like creature who some believe lurks deep beneath these waters. Have your camera ready – even if you don’t spot ‘Nessie,’ the atmospheric Loch Ness area is beautiful.
Continue your drive to Glen Coe, a lushly rugged glen formed by an ice age glacier. Learn how this breathtaking place was the site of a terrible massacre in 1692 that took the lives of scores of members of the MacDonald clan.
On the way back to Edinburgh, pass through Stirling, an ancient Scottish city known as the ‘Gateway to the Highlands.’ Admire the town’s magnificent cliffside castle as you hear tales of William Wallace, a medieval Scottish war hero who was immortalized in the Oscar-winning film Braveheart. Your tour concludes in central Edinburgh.
Great day. Left at 8am and returned by 8/9pm. Mike the tour guide was excellent!!!
Our trip to the Scottish Highlands was fantastic! It was a long journey, but I hardly noticed because the ride was beautiful, and we saw so many cool places. Our bus driver/guide, Mike, was great! Definitely the best guide of any of the day tours we've been on across Scotland and Ireland. A note: the boat trip at Loch Ness costs extra, but was definitely worth it in my book. You get a really lovely view of the land around the lake that you just won't get from the shore.