- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Edinburgh Castle, one of Scotland's top attractions
- Avoid the queues and head straight inside to explore at your own pace
- Visit the tiny St Margaret's Chapel, one of the oldest buildings in Edinburgh
- Learn about important events and battles in Scottish history that took place on the castle grounds
- Walk through the Royal Palace where Mary Queen of Scots gave birth to her son
- Visit the Crown Jewels Exhibition to see some of the oldest regalia in Europe
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is Edinburgh’s must-visit attraction. Look out for the costumed performers who bring historical events to life as you explore. If you visit at 1pm Monday through Friday, you’ll see the firing of the One O’Clock Gun, a time-honored maritime tradition.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Is a self-guided tour. The castle and grounds are very interesting! Everywhere are helpful signs. My friend and I enjoyed visiting.
I have always wanted to visit the Edinburgh Castle. It definitely lived up to my imaginings. I would recommend seeing this piece of history to everyone
Lovely time looking round this castle plenty to see plenty of toilets a shop a cafe and we went straight to the front of the que as we had already booked our tickets
What a neat Castle. Entry was easy with the pre-printed tickets. Took the Edinburgh bus on your own from the cruise ship. Had no problem walking to castle entrance. Took us about five to six hours to tour.
Excellent toru and easy entrance into the castle having pre-booked the ticket.
As always, great visit. 2nd time visiting and will visit again. Need to visit again as both times were under tight timelines.
Spent several hours wandering around the castle on my own. Getting into the castle was easy and I didnt have to wait since I bought the ticket online. Much better than standing in line!
You cannot go to Edinburgh without visiting this brilliant piece of Scotland's history.
Tour of Edinburgh castle was brilliant. Lots of interesting facts about Scottish history. Would recommend it highly x
Guide was knowledgeable and personable
Beautiful castle, when in Edinburgh book this trip.