- Entry to the Royal Yacht Britannia in Edinburgh
- Behind-the-scenes glimpses of life for the Royal Family aboard the Britannia
- Furnishings and decor from the Royal Collection State Apartments
- State Drawing Room, Queen’s Bedroom, Sun Lounge and Admiral’s cabin
- Britannia Visitor Centre exhibitions
- Self-guided audio tour in 21 languages
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The captivating audio handset tour takes you around five decks at a leisurely pace and is a rare glimpse into the public and private lives of the British Royal Family. From Sir Winston Churchill to Boris Yeltsin, Rajiv Gandhi to Nelson Mandela, some of the world's most influential people have been welcomed on board. Now you are free to see what they saw, to stand where they stood.
Every part of Britannia includes rich treasures to enjoy. Almost all the pieces in the State Apartments are on loan from The Royal Collection, with kind permission of Her Majesty The Queen. You will have a chance to see the working side of the ship, from the once sweltering heat of the laundry to the crew's densely packed quarters.
Tour highlights include the State Drawing Room, The Queen's Bedroom, the Sun Lounge and the Admiral's cabin.
Britannia is berthed alongside the stylish Ocean Terminal shopping center which contains a choice of over 80 different boutiques, high-street shops and restaurants with scenic waterfront views. As the Royal Yacht is only 15 minutes away from Edinburgh city center, it is the perfect addition to any trip.
Britannia is owned by The Royal Yacht Britannia Trust, a non-profit making charity, and all proceeds go towards her long-term maintenance.