- Edinburgh Old Town vaults walking tour
- Historic afternoon walk through the underground vaults of South Bridge
- Choice of two afternoon tour times
- Professional local guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Eerie Auld ReekiePhoto by: Anne C
- GOING UNDERGROUNDPhoto by: KAREN B
- FINE WINESPhoto by: KAREN B
- Dans les voûtes South ...Photo by: CHRISTINE M
- Edinburgh VaultsPhoto by: Debra W
- 133Photo by: Angela Q
- IMG_0249Photo by: Tibor M
- vault 004Photo by: Anne C
- vault 003Photo by: Anne C
- Edinburgh Historic Vaults ...Photo by: Anne C
What You Can Expect
As well as lack of natural light, the Vaults suffered from water seeping from the South Bridge above, stalactites are evidence of this.
But, there was a darker side too. To the immediate south stands Infirmary Street, where Edinburgh's medical school used to be. It was here that the notorious pair, Burke and Hare, sold the bodies of their murdered victims. Could the vaults have stored a different sort of merchandise?
The tour was great recommend it
Historic and informative.
Wonderful tour full of interesting information. Well run and organised.
Excellent tour and I would give Margaret 10 out of 10. She is an excellent tour guide and told us wonderful stories. Would highly recommend this tour to our friends.
An excellent guide Wendy very knowledgeable historian who brought the trip to life.
A wonderful tour. Very interesting, informative and well organized. Our guide, sorry forgotten her name but she was an Austrian lass with a Scottish accent, was fabulous. She gave us a lot of information in a fun way. Would highly recommend this tour.
Interesting tour in a part of edinburgh i did,nt know existed.Lovely lady guided us round,well worth the time and money!