Read what other Viator.com travelers think about the West Highland Lochs and Castles Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh. What they loved, what they liked and what they think could be improved, it's all here to help you make the most of your next trip.
This was one of the best tours I've ever been on. My gf and I loved it. There were just 3 people on the tour so we almost had a private day with our guide James. James was very knowledgeable and entertained us throughout the day with great stories and facts. It was great to see so many castles up close in a day and explore Doune castle up close. I'd strongly recommend this tour to anyone looking to explore Scotland.
Efficiency and Customer Service:
- I made a booking mistake while booking online, but the tour company got back to me in good time and was very accommodating with the changes I needed to make.
- Buses left promptly and were in clean good condition.
- Guides at the departure point were very organized and helpful.
- MacKenzie was THE best guide I have ever met. His passionate, humorous and very creative storytelling brought the Highlands to life for me like no guide book or history book ever could. He was so knowledgeable and clearly passionate about the Highlands and it's history. I could almost see the clansmen riding down the hills, and the battles happening right before eyes as Mac told his stories. He would tell them as we passed each site and it was the best way to see the countryside because you can appreciate both the history and the beauty of each area.
- We saw a lot of things in this tour so I understand why we could only stay for certain amounts of time. But even with so much on our itinerary, I didn't feel overly rushed. The company is also a green company so they do use part of proceeds to replant trees. I also admired how Mac would clean up litter at every stop we had.
This tour was fantastic a must do when in Scotland. Gail from Rabbie's as every other tour guides from Rabbie's are so fun and very informative as well and really go out of their way. Was so fun it was more fun when all eight of us on tour was all female sort of an unofficial Girls Day Out!!
This tour was amazing even the crazy weather couldn't ruin it. If anything it made for some interesting photos. John was very entertaining and had a fantastic knowledge of the area.
Paul (our driver) was amazing, not only well informed but also very funny! And Angela (office) was so helpful! Thank you guys for everything! We recommend the tour interilly!
This is an amazing tour, an opportunity to see the beautiful country side and amazing castles. To make this even more magical it snowed throughout the day making it a perfect day. The driver Daniel was fantastic and did a great job navigating us through road closures and slippery roads. This is a must see when in Scotland.
Marves our tour guide and driver is great. The van was very comfortable. He provided us with lots of information and kept our safety in priority when navigating the roads at the highlands. We had a very comfortable journey that's filled with wonderful scenic memories of Scotland thanks to Marves
Loved castle Doune, our guide was great , very interesting. The transport was very comfortable. Highly recommended!
Very good trip to have and it is very refreshing to see the surrounding outside Edinburgh.
Peter really made a great job on this tour. Many things I learned from this beautiful places!
This was an awesome- one of the best I have been on. We did it through viator through a local co called Rabbys. The van was comfortable and the variety of castles and sight to see were amazing. Lots of time to get out and take photos and explore. The highlight was Mike our guide. He had a wealth of information about Scotland and its history and a gift for story telling. We hardly wanted to take a break from the stories to see the castles. Great day and great price.
This tour was exactly what we were seeking. The trip combined castles to see with beautiful nature scenes in the Highlands. We were not disappointed.
I don't think I've ever enjoyed learning the history of a place quite so much as on this tour. Our tour guide/driver was friendly, knowledgeable and funny all the way through the day.The castles and sights along the way were breathtaking, it's amazing how much of the structures have survived in some cases. I think Doune castle was probably the best, especially with the Monty Python connections. Inverary Castle was beautiful as well.