- Spend an evening in a renowned Edinburgh gastropub
- One-hour Scotch whisky tasting session, led by an entertaining whisky tutor
- Sample four malt whiskies from the main whisky-producing regions of Scotland
- Indulge in a decadent 3-course dinner, featuring gourmet Scottish produce
- Enjoy a final special dram of whisky after dinner
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
To appreciate how the taste of whisky varies by region, your whisky tutor will introduce you to the five stages of Scotch whisky appreciation: color, body, nose, palate and finish. Hear about the complex art of blending whisky and malt, and learn about the traditions, lore and recipes that give each whisky its individual appeal!
The grand finale to your evening is a decadent three-course dinner from a whisky-themed menu. Please see the itinerary section below for sample courses. Enjoy traditional Scottish cuisine, made with the finest local ingredients - a sumptuous dinner which is guaranteed to end your evening on a high note!
Please note, the menu changes weekly to make best use of seasonal produce.
- Glengoyne whisky barrel-smoked salmon served with sour cream and hand-made oatcake
- Salad of raw summer vegetables served with hazelnut dressing and lemon (v)
- The best traditional Haggis
- 6oz (170g) char-grilled 30-day aged Aberdeen Angus popeseye steak from a local butcher served with neeps (turnips), tatties (mashed potatoes) and a Bowmore Whisky-and-honey sauce
- Home-made open lasagna of Highland girolle mushrooms with a garlic cream sauce and a fennel, celery and orange salad (v)
- Summer fruits pudding served with whisky cream
Great dinner. Food was delicious - would find the restaurant again. And person leading whiskey tasting was interesting and enjoyable.
The restaurant is an organic restaurant with an excellent menu, using seasonal ingredients. The wild venison was incredible! The whisky tasting afterwards was both informative and fun, and a great overview of Scotch whiskey. Highly recommended!