- Guided city tour of El Calafate
- Learn about the history, culture and local flora and fauna of Patagonia
- Take part in birdwatching - binoculars are provided!
- Visit a local orchard and learn about the cultivation of fresh fruits
- Enjoy breathtaking views of El Calafate from a famous lookout point
- Bilingual guide and complimentary round-trip hotel transportation included
What You Can Expect
Then, head over to the Laguna Nimez Reserve located only a few feet from the coast of Lake Argentino. Here, with the use of powerful binoculars provided by the tour guide, you can participate in birdwatching.
Your next stop is at a local orchard, famous for the cultivation of strawberries, cherries and sour cherries. Learn how these fruits are cultivated with great effort and appreciate the different production techniques transmitted from one generation to another.
Your last stop is the Mirador of Virgen de la Paz lookout point. On the way, you'll pass by Cuevas del Gualichu, an archaeological site about 4.3 miles (7km) from the city, which consists of the prints of the first men who inhabited El Calafate. Once at the viewpoint, you'll take in breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the surrounding land.