- Small-group Everglades eco-adventure by foot, kayak and boat
- Take a boat ride through remote areas of the park and admire the diverse vegetation
- Enjoy a kayak adventure to Barrier Island Beach -- no experience required!
- Hike along the beach and see shallow tidal zones, dunes, mangrove swamps and more
- Be on the lookout for wildlife including manatees, dolphins, sea turtles and bald eagles
- Tour led by an experience naturalist certified by the US Coast Guard
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
This tour was EVERYTHING it was said to be--great boat ride around area--mangroves, osprey, dolphins, small shark; then a terrific kayak paddling over to island to walk and look at sea life, shells. Great naturalist Charles (?) who knew lots about area--but also very well read, interested in the eco-system and preserving the area. Not an alligator tour, though--the water is pristine and beautiful, not swampy. The Eco-Adventure office is a bit remote in Chokoloskee, but the personnel were very efficient--even gave a super recommendation for fresh fish lunch. This is a tour for those who want to learn something about the area--not just to flash through in a noisy, environmental-damaging air-boat.
Excellent tour. Heather contacted us ahead of time and offered the option of departing from Goodland, which was wonderful, as we were staying on Marco Island. Our guide, Ed was very personable and knowlegeable. I highly recommend this tour and company, and would definitely do it again