- Small-group canoe trip along the Chena River to Nordale Bridge from Fairbanks
- Enjoy an easy, guided canoe ride, perfect for beginners and families
- Spot abundant Alaskan wildlife such as foxes and moose and admire the unspoiled scenery
- Take breaks on sandbanks along the way and enjoy a tasty, home-cooked lunch
- Led by a passionate guide who makes safety the top priority
- Small-group makes for a more intimate experience
What You Can Expect
Disembark by the Chena River and listen to a detailed safety briefing from your adventure guide. Buckle up your life jacket, grab your paddle and shove off into the waters of the Chena River. Pass stands of birch and spruce trees as you paddle down the calm river at a pace suitable for families with children or beginners.
Keep an eye on your guide, who will point out any native wildlife. Get your camera ready for potential shots of moose, beavers, foxes, kingfishers and bald eagles who make their home in the marshes.
Take a break on a sandbank to warm up around a campfire, sip some coffee and munch on some snacks. At lunchtime, go ashore for a hearty picnic lunch.
Pull out at Nordale Bridge, where your day of canoeing ends. Hop aboard ground transportation for drop-off back at your North Pole or Fairbanks hotel.