- Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise from Manapouri
- Cruise the crystal waters of Lake Manapouri
- Travel the alpine route over Wilmot Pass for exceptional views of the Fiordland
- Explore the pristine waters of Doubtful Sound
- See a vast array of wildlife, including dolphins and penguins in their natural habitat
- Choose to join the cruise in Manapouri or connect by luxury coach from Queenstown or Te Anau
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your Doubtful Sound overnight adventure begins with a short cruise across island-studded Lake Manapouri and a coach trip over Wilmot Pass. You'll then descend to Doubtful Sound to meet the crew and board the sailing scow awaiting you in Deep Cove.
The sailing scow is purposely built for these waters and designed along the lines of a traditional sailing vessel, combining the charm of a bygone era with all the modern comforts, including spacious viewing decks, a dining saloon, fully licensed bar and an observation lounge.
Cruise the full length of the fiord, weaving through hidden coves and waterways. Doubtful Sound is home to a vast array of natural flora and fauna. See bottlenose dolphins, fur seals and penguins in their natural habitats from the vessel’s large viewing decks and platforms. A specialist nature guide is on board to provide commentary and insight into the history of the region.
In the late afternoon, the crew will drop anchor in a sheltered cove, allowing you to explore the shoreline by kayak or tender craft (small boat) with a nature guide. For the more adventurous, there’s even a chance to go swimming.
Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner prepared by the onboard chef and relax in the saloon before retiring to your cozy cabin.
The next morning, following a cooked or continental breakfast, cruise a little further before returning to Manapouri.
- 18 cabins have private bathrooms (12 single or twin cabins; 6 cabins with double beds)
- 9 quad-share cabins are bunk-style with shared bathroom facilities
- Linen, duvet, towel and pillows are provided
- Comfortable shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm clothing
- For passenger comfort and safety, only one overnight bag per person allowed on board
Absolutely fantastic, weather was perfect, staff were friendly, boat was by well equipped, food was great, good wines and plenty of Dolphins to watch. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. Thank you!
highlight of the trip! magnificent scenery, superb boat, enthusiatic crew and delicious food. unforgettable. many thanks!