Join the Milford Sound Tour from Te Anau and travel through the Fiordland National Park and be mesmerized by the grandeur of this region. Tour concludes in Queenstown.
- Travel from Te Anau to Queenstown on this full-day tour of Milford Sound
- Travel through the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park
- See the ancient alpine beech forest of Eglinton Valley
- See waterfalls and the famous mirror lakes
- Enjoy a Milford Sound cruise
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup from Te Anau, hotel drop off at Queenstown
As you pass through the Eglington Valley, you will see ancient alpine beech forest, stunning waterfalls and the famous Mirror Lakes where the coach pauses for photo opportunities.
From here the tour progresses through the Upper Hollyford Valley, past the stunning Christie Falls and enters the 1.2 kilometer (0.75 miles) long Homer Tunnel, drilled through the solid rock of a mountain. As you exit the Homer Tunnel, prepare yourself for the breathtaking impact of the Cleddau Valley and the descent into Milford Sound.
At Milford Sound, take a spectacular Milford Sound Red Boat cruise on the majestic Milford Sound, where you will see the wonders of Mitre Peak, glacier scarred rock walls that rise 1200 meters (3937 feet) vertically from the sea and waterfalls that tumble from hanging valleys and crash into the sound far below. After your cruise, reboard your coach for the return journey to Te Anau and back to Queenstown, where you will be transferred to your hotel.