- Overnight trip to Grand Canyon's South Rim from Flagstaff, a Viator Exclusive
- Discover the sublime views from the South Rim viewpoints at your leisure
- Marvel at amazing views of the Grand Canyon during your 3-hour mule ride and optional helicopter flight
- Travel along East Rim Drive, and shop at Cameron Trading Post
- Dinner at El Tovar Dining Lodge and accommodations near the canyon's rim included
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people for a more relaxed experience
- Don't miss this in-depth Grand Canyon experience — it can't be booked anywhere else!
What You Can Expect
Day 1: Flagstaff – Grand Canyon South Rim (L, D)
After morning pickup by minivan from your Flagstaff hotel, travel 87 miles (140 km) to the Grand Canyon. On the way, learn about the history and geology of the Grand Canyon from your guide and enjoy a boxed lunch.
Once you reach the South Rim, receive directions and suggestions from your guide to help plan your independent exploration. Use free shuttles to check out the South Rim's numerous spectacular lookout points, including Mather, Hopi, Grandview and Desert View. Admire the vibrant colors and rugged contours of the canyon, which ranges up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and 6,000 feet (1,800 meters) deep.
Have dinner at the historic El Tovar Dining Room, which has hosted guests including President Teddy Roosevelt, President Bill Clinton and Sir Paul McCartney. Savor your meal among sweeping canyon views and murals depicting American Indian life. Afterward, settle in for the night at a national park lodge in the forest near the Grand Canyon's rim.
Overnight: Accommodation at either Maswick or Yavapai Lodge (subject to availability)
Day 2: Grand Canyon South Rim – Flagstaff
Following breakfast (own expense), join your small group for a 3-hour mule ride. After a short safety briefing, ride along a trail on the inside of the canyon, stopping for photo and rest breaks. Relish mind-blowing views of the widest and deepest part of the canyon and the Colorado River winding along its floor.
After your mule ride, make your trip even more memorable by adding on a 45-minute helicopter ride over the canyon. Enjoy lunch (own expense) before meeting your group and guide for the trip back to Flagstaff. On your way, take the East Rim Drive for more vibrant canyon vistas, and stop at Cameron Trading Post to browse for American Indian crafts. Your overnight tour of the Grand Canyon wraps up with evening drop-off at your Flagstaff hotel.