- Full-day Tuscan food tour with market visit, cooking class, 4-course meal and wine
- Visit a historical food market in Florence to shop for ingredients and sample food and wine
- Travel to a farmhouse in the Tuscan countryside for a cooking lesson with a local chef
- Prepare a traditional meal including Tuscan arista, pizza, pasta, tiramisu and gelato
- Savor Chianti wine and other local varietals alongside your creations
- Receive a cooking diploma and the recipes
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Homemade NoodlesPhoto by: italytravels
- Handmade noodles!Photo by: Danielle G
- Fresh PastaPhoto by: bstott
- Bruschetta and Vino ala ...Photo by: helenappleyard
Australia, 04 2016
- Tuscany cooking class - ...Photo by: jerry.m.gentile
- Tuscany cooking class April ...Photo by: jerry.m.gentile
- Tuscany cooking class kitchenPhoto by: jerry.m.gentile
- Making Pasta!Photo by: Katelyn D
- Making Pizza!Photo by: Katelyn D
- Outside the Farmhouse!Photo by: Katelyn D
- Thinning the DoughPhoto by: Richard B
- Preparing a PizzaPhoto by: Richard B
- Our PastaPhoto by: Taanya B
- Our Hosts and TeachersPhoto by: Taanya B
- OilPhoto by: Vera N
- Dash of saltPhoto by: Vera N
- Getting MessyPhoto by: Vera N
- Cooking LessonsPhoto by: Vera N
- FunPhoto by: Vera N
- Wine in SaucePhoto by: Vera N
What You Can Expect
Climb aboard a minibus and journey into the Tuscan hills, where you'll arrive at a rustic farmhouse. Under the guidance of an expert chef, prepare a full Tuscan meal, starting with an array of appetizers. Discover the culinary secrets behind Tuscan meat sauces and watch how to whip up Italian pasta from scratch.
Then grab fresh bread, tomatoes and olive oil to create a bruschetta and Italian pizza. Take a break to feast on your dishes, sitting down with a glass of Chianti wine.
Return to the kitchen to prepare traditional roast pork, seasoned with fresh herbs from the farm. While the pork cooks, learn how to make tiramisu and Italian gelato, using a freezing process that creates the ice cream's dense texture.
Finally, reward yourself with your 4-course meal! Complement your roast pork and desserts with Tuscan wine and good conversation.
Before returning to Florence, you’ll receive the recipes you learnt so you can impress family and friends back at home with your Italian dishes.
From start to finish this was a highlight of our trip. Lavi was a great guide. We had so much fun cooking and enjoying what we made. This is a very well organized event and would recommend for anyone who likes to cook. We are anxious to try what we learned here at home.
My mother and I had a wonderful time. It was a fun activity to do in a lovely place in Chianti on a rainy day. Highly recommended for something to do outside the usual tourist spots in the city.
we had a great experience with great people. So much fun. a must do!
Gloria was the greatest host and tour guide. While walking through Florence to the markets to buy the food, she gave a tour of the city that wasn't about the food but other things which was nice. it showed me she has a passion for her work and her amazing beautiful city.
When we got to the markets, she toured us around and showed different things, things we don't see in the USA, like meat shops that cater to special types of meat like the organs. Very interesting for me. Maybe not for everyone, but I was fascinated.
When we got to the olive orchard, Gloria once again was the best. She helped us with our cooking and translated for Claudia. She became like family! I miss her!
This was an awesome experience! I absolutely loved learning to cook the Italian dishes and all the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this tour!
Absolutely awesome, what a blast! This is a must do. If you are really serious about learning to cook Italian, you'll love this. If you just want to have a great time in beautiful locations in and around Florence, you'll also love this. A large team of tour guides/chefs lead you throughout the 7 hours. All are very pleasant and entertaining.
What a great we had with Julian and Martina!! Everything was wonderful! Right from the beginning Julian gave us so many informations about italin food and drinks while we were shopping for the food to be cooked later. We had so much fun!
Thank you, Julian.
The best part of our trip! My friends and I loved it. Valeria, our tour guide, was so nice and knew so much information about Florence. It was worth every penny.
Absolutely the best tour I have been on! It was such a fun day led by amazing tour guide, Elisa. I enjoyed walking through the city hear some inside facts before going to the market to pick up a few items then showing up at the beautiful farmhouse. It was one thing after another that impressed me and was overall, an amazing day! My favorite day in Florence 100! I highly recommend this tour!!!
Great tour, lots of wine.