- 3.5-hour small-group Florence fashion and handicrafts walking tour
- Explore the streets around Piazza Santa Croce and learn about artisan trades in Florence
- Visit the Florence School of Leather and see quality Florence leather goods being stitched
- Browse fashion artifacts at the Gucci Museum and learn about the growth of the iconic fashion brand
- See talented embroiderers at work in Loretta Caponi’s esteemed atelier (workshop)
- Explore the Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella, a 17th-century perfumery
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is the Florence School of Leather, a site housed within a 13th-century Franciscan monastery. See skilled artisans at work and learn about the meticulous detail that goes into crafting each unique piece of leatherware. Hear tips for things to look out for when purchasing leather goods.
Stroll to Florence’s Gucci Museum next, and listen to fun facts about the Gucci family and the growth of their iconic Florentine fashion brand. Follow your guide, and browse unique fashion items inspired by top catwalk collections and produced solely for the museum. After exploring the different galleries, take a look inside the museum shop for affordable Gucci souvenirs to take home.
Leave the museum and wander along Via Tornabuioni and Via Strozzi — two of Florence’s high-fashion shopping streets — to see where your favorite boutiques and shops can be found, and then make your way to Loretta Caponi’s atelier. The prestigious Florentine workshop, housed in the opulent Palazzo Aldobrandini, is the workplace of some of the world’s most talented embroiderers who have tailored fabrics for VIPs such as Lady Diana, the Rockefellers and Sting.
Watch the atelier’s craftspeople at work, and make your way to the last stop of your tour: the Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella. Open since the 17th century, the perfumery originally formulated its fragrances from local herbs. The firm has remained true to its roots, and today creates a range of perfumes, room fragrances and beauty products using natural ingredients.
Having enjoyed 3.5 hours of exploring Florence, finish your tour outside the Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella.