- 2.5-hour Florence gourmet food tour, led by a local food-loving guide
- Savor a glass of prosecco and a truffle panini in a top delicatessen
- Sample artisan chocolate and prestigious Tuscan olive oils
- Learn about the region’s gastronomic history while enjoying a gelato
- Finish inside a wine bar, enjoying a glass of Chianti and focaccia bread
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Start with a visit to a delicatessen that specializes in foraging and selling truffles, one of the region’s highly prized natural ingredients. Sip on a glass of zesty crisp prosecco (the Italian’s answer to Champagne) and soak up the bubbles with a panino tartufato – a delicate pâté sandwich seasoned to perfection with slivers of the gourmet fungi.
Stroll to an artisan chocolate shop nearby and treat your sweet tooth to a chocolate-tasting session. Savor silky-soft nuggets of the sweet treat, noting the rich flavors present in high-quality chocolate, and then head out of the shop to visit an olive oil boutique.
Popular with locals and visitors alike, the high-end shop specializes in the sale of quality Tuscan olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Sit down for a tasting with the shop's charming owner and learn about the different varieties of fruity and piquant oils on offer.
Take a wander along the pretty cobblestone alleyways that make up the backstreets of the city, and stop for a gelato from a locally loved gelateria before winding up inside a wine bar. Sip on a glass of Chianti – one of Tuscany’s typically robust and tannic reds – and nibble on chunks of warm focaccia bread to finish your foodie adventure.
The tour guide was amazing - knowledgeable, enthusiastic and generous. This tour was the highlight of my trip to Florence. My only regret is not having done this tour when I first arrived so that I could have spent my time there knowing exactly where to go. Thanks.
We went into shops we wouldn't have found on our own. If you're the type who's into hole in the wall shops/resto, get this tour!