- Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a half- or full-day tour
- See top Florence sights such as the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s David at the Accademia Gallery, depending on option selected
- Get up close to world-famous masterpieces at the Uffizi Gallery, depending on option selected
- Savor a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, depending on option selected
- Enjoy enlightening commentary from an expert guide
- Choose from a morning, afternoon or full-day sightseeing tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The bronze replica of David ...Photo by: Prabir S
- Don and JudithPhoto by: Judith
- PisaPhoto by: Joan G
- Some souvenirs in Piazzale ...Photo by: Eva L
- Me with my new love.Photo by: Eva L
- In Galleria dellAccademia in ...Photo by: Eva L
- Galleria dellAccademiaPhoto by: Eva L
- Galleria dellAccademiaPhoto by: Eva L
- View from Fiesole.Photo by: Eva L
- View from the Uffizi Gallery.Photo by: Eva L
- Inside the Uffizi Gallery.Photo by: Eva L
- The Birth of Venus by Sandro ...Photo by: Eva L
- Uffizi Gallery in Florence.Photo by: Eva L
- View From Michelangelo SquarePhoto by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Sculpture in Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: avismccoy
- Overlooking FlorencePhoto by: avismccoy
- FirenzePhoto by: Ray R
- Florencia, ciudad que no se ...Photo by: SIMON P
- Lunch after the tour was a ...Photo by: sharon m
- At the Accademia with and ...Photo by: sharon m
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to the meeting point in central Florence in the morning. Greet your guide, then hop inside an air-conditioned coach and travel to Piazzale Michelangelo, a pretty square that offers magnificent panoramas of the city.
Continue on to Florence Old Town. On arrival, climb out of your coach and set off on a city walking tour. Follow your guide along the windy pathways, then come to a stop in Piazza del Duomo.
Be awed as you take in the glory of the Duomo (Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori). Marvel at the intricacy of the pink, white and green marble that covers the exterior, then gaze up at the striking cupola. You’ll also see Giotto's bell tower (Campanile di Giotto), and the bronze baptistery doors by Ghiberti.
Next, stroll to the Accademia Gallery. Head directly inside with your skip-the-line ticket and make a beeline for the gallery’s most famous exhibit: Michelangelo’s David, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture. Admire the marble statue which was carved in the early 16th century, and learn how it is a symbol of strength and youthful, human beauty.
Your tour then concludes inside the gallery, allowing you to explore the rest of the exhibits independently, should you wish. Alternatively, upgrade to include lunch at a local restaurant. See the Itinerary for a sample menu
Please note: The Accademia Gallery is closed on Mondays, therefore the tour will visit the San Marco Museum or the Medici Chapels instead.
Florence Afternoon Tour (3 Hours):
Meet your guide in central Florence in the afternoon, then settle into your comfortable seat aboard a coach.
Begin your tour with panoramic views of Florence, Fiesole and the Arno Valley, then head into Florence Old Town to see the Franciscan Church of Santa Croce. Pose for photos by its distinctive façade before strolling to Piazza della Signoria.
See the imposing Palazzo Vecchio and admire the replica of Michelangelo’s David. Then, wander through the Loggia dei Lanzi, an open-air sculpture gallery.
After, make for the Uffizi Gallery, which is home to more than 1,500 pieces of art including works by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Raffaello, Cimabue and Caravaggio. With your skip-the-line ticket, head directly inside for a guided tour of some of the gallery’s most famous pieces.
Your tour then concludes inside the gallery, leaving you free to explore the rest of the exhibits at your own pace, if you wish.
Please note: The Uffizi Gallery is closed on Mondays, therefore the tour will visit the Museum of Palazzo Vecchio instead.
Florence Full-Day Tour (8 Hours):
The full-day tour combines the morning and afternoon tour, with an optional break for lunch in-between. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
- Toasted bread with tomato
- Macaroni with Bolognese sauce
- Penne with pesto sauce
- Dessert of the day or coffee
Meal served with a glass of wine and water.
Great way to get a quick introduction to Florence and the surrounding area. The guide was very informative and very knowledgeable as well. Handled the group very well, particularly during the walking tour where many other tour groups were present. Highly recommend this tour.
There is so much to see and experience in this little city. The guides that accompanied us in the museums provided a wealth of knowledge that one would not be able to obtain without their assistance. Fantastic experiences.
Fantastic halfday tour that included the museum Accadamia and the statue of David.
Fantastic tour. Great tour guide. The Uffizi gallery was amazing
the tour guides were terrific.
The initial boarding of the busses, which is a problem with the tour operators, is somewhat chaotic. As a minimum a small table, clearly labeled which tour it is, that checks off and hands out the headsets would enhance the experience.
From the Piazzella di Michelangelo, the panoramic view of the city was amazing! The art and history of Florence is well worth the visit and in our opinion, there is no better way to experience it than with a professional guide. Our guides, both on the bus and at the Galleria dell' Accademia, were very knowledgeable, professional, and informative. The artistic talents of Michelangelo are incredible, and nothing is a better example of that than his famous David. Seeing it in person and up close was the opportunity of a lifetime. I highly recommend this tour. An additional benefit is that it's also a great way to beat the long line for entry to the Galleria dell' Accademia.
Well arranged knowlegdeable guide and a pace that was right for us. Loved it, enjoyed it and would recommend to any and all.
We thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Florence. We did the Full Day tour, and we were impressed on the knowledge, the passion and the ease of this tour. Both our morning and afternoon guides were wonderful and delightful to be around. Their knowledge and teaching of the arts and history are very impressive.