- Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a half- or full-day tour
- See top Florence sights such as the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s David at the Accademia Gallery, depending on option selected
- Get up close to world-famous masterpieces at the Uffizi Gallery, depending on option selected
- Savor a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, depending on option selected
- Enjoy enlightening commentary from an expert guide
- Choose from a morning, afternoon or full-day sightseeing tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The bronze replica of David ...Photo by: Prabir S
- Don and JudithPhoto by: Judith
- PisaPhoto by: Joan G
- Some souvenirs in Piazzale ...Photo by: Eva L
- Me with my new love.Photo by: Eva L
- In Galleria dellAccademia in ...Photo by: Eva L
- Galleria dellAccademiaPhoto by: Eva L
- Galleria dellAccademiaPhoto by: Eva L
- View from Fiesole.Photo by: Eva L
- View from the Uffizi Gallery.Photo by: Eva L
- Inside the Uffizi Gallery.Photo by: Eva L
- The Birth of Venus by Sandro ...Photo by: Eva L
- Uffizi Gallery in Florence.Photo by: Eva L
- View From Michelangelo SquarePhoto by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Sculpture in Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: avismccoy
- Overlooking FlorencePhoto by: avismccoy
- FirenzePhoto by: Ray R
- Florencia, ciudad que no se ...Photo by: SIMON P
- Lunch after the tour was a ...Photo by: sharon m
- At the Accademia with and ...Photo by: sharon m
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to the meeting point in central Florence in the morning. Greet your guide, then hop inside an air-conditioned coach and travel to Piazzale Michelangelo, a pretty square that offers magnificent panoramas of the city.
Continue on to Florence Old Town. On arrival, climb out of your coach and set off on a city walking tour. Follow your guide along the windy pathways, then come to a stop in Piazza del Duomo.
Be awed as you take in the glory of the Duomo (Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori). Marvel at the intricacy of the pink, white and green marble that covers the exterior, then gaze up at the striking cupola. You’ll also see Giotto's bell tower (Campanile di Giotto), and the bronze baptistery doors by Ghiberti.
Next, stroll to the Accademia Gallery. Head directly inside with your skip-the-line ticket and make a beeline for the gallery’s most famous exhibit: Michelangelo’s David, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture. Admire the marble statue which was carved in the early 16th century, and learn how it is a symbol of strength and youthful, human beauty.
Your tour then concludes inside the gallery, allowing you to explore the rest of the exhibits independently, should you wish. Alternatively, upgrade to include lunch at a local restaurant. See below for a sample menu.
Please note: The Accademia Gallery is closed on Mondays, therefore the tour will visit the San Marco Museum or the Medici Chapels instead.
Florence Afternoon Tour (3 Hours):
Meet your guide in central Florence in the afternoon, then settle into your comfortable seat aboard a coach.
Begin your tour with panoramic views of Florence, Fiesole and the Arno Valley, then head into Florence Old Town to see the Franciscan Church of Santa Croce. Pose for photos by its distinctive façade before strolling to Piazza della Signoria.
See the imposing Palazzo Vecchio and admire the replica of Michelangelo’s David. Then, wander through the Loggia dei Lanzi, an open-air sculpture gallery.
After, make for the Uffizi Gallery, which is home to more than 1,500 pieces of art including works by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Raffaello, Cimabue and Caravaggio. With your skip-the-line ticket, head directly inside for a guided tour of some of the gallery’s most famous pieces.
Your tour then concludes inside the gallery, leaving you free to explore the rest of the exhibits at your own pace, if you wish.
Please note: The Uffizi Gallery is closed on Mondays, therefore the tour will visit the Museum of Palazzo Vecchio instead.
Florence Full-Day Tour (8 Hours):
The full-day tour combines the morning and afternoon tour, with an optional break for lunch in-between. See below for a sample menu.
- Toasted bread with tomato
- Macaroni with Bolognese sauce
- Penne with pesto sauce
- Dessert of the day or coffee
Meal served with a glass of wine and water.
ollie brown Australia
What a wonderful city. We really enjoyed this tour and listening to our guide.
Wonderful!!!! Guide knew his stuff and was easy to understand. I would recommend this to all my friends.
This was a wonderful half-day tour. We thoroughly enjoyed the bus tour to a scenic point, as well as the walking tour. Since we arrived at the Uffizi late in the afternoon, it was not as crowded as I've seen it earlier in the day. Our guide must have been an art historian given her detailed knowledge of the the magnificent works.
Unfortunately we had a very wet day but the tour guide did a fabulous job. Loved seeing the David and hearing all about the history. The city tour was great. Would have been nice to include an inside visit of the Duomo. After free time we had to find our way back to the meeting point for the afternoon tour. We managed but Florence streets and alleys can be very confusing.
Catarina was amazing...tour was very professional and I formative
Fantastic tour of the Uffizi Museum, with a wonderful tour guide. You can edit this sentence and remove, but I think her name was Samantha. I could have spent all day in the Uffizi and will be back again. Most of the time during the tour, my wife and I were listening, looking, with our mouths half open, surrounded literally by thousands of masterpieces. One name I will not forget - -Medici - - the family that made the Uffizi possible.
Great comprehensive tour for half day. We toured Florence on our own for morning so were ready to enjoy a short bus ride around Florence. Nice walking tour and Uffizi Gallery tour was led by a wonderful guide who was incredibly knowledgeable about art history.
Tour guides were great
The morning tour is fantastic and our guide Johannes was great. I would recommend this tour if you are short on time and want a quick overview of the city
We loved this tour!