- Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a half- or full-day tour
- See top Florence sights such as the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s David at the Accademia Gallery, depending on option selected
- Get up close to world-famous masterpieces at the Uffizi Gallery, depending on option selected
- Savor a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, depending on option selected
- Enjoy enlightening commentary from an expert guide
- Choose from a morning, afternoon or full-day sightseeing tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The bronze replica of David ...Photo by: Prabir S
- Don and JudithPhoto by: Judith
- PisaPhoto by: Joan G
- Some souvenirs in Piazzale ...Photo by: Eva L
- Me with my new love.Photo by: Eva L
- In Galleria dellAccademia in ...Photo by: Eva L
- Galleria dellAccademiaPhoto by: Eva L
- Galleria dellAccademiaPhoto by: Eva L
- View from Fiesole.Photo by: Eva L
- View from the Uffizi Gallery.Photo by: Eva L
- Inside the Uffizi Gallery.Photo by: Eva L
- The Birth of Venus by Sandro ...Photo by: Eva L
- Uffizi Gallery in Florence.Photo by: Eva L
- View From Michelangelo SquarePhoto by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Sculpture in Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: avismccoy
- Overlooking FlorencePhoto by: avismccoy
- FirenzePhoto by: Ray R
- Florencia, ciudad que no se ...Photo by: SIMON P
- Lunch after the tour was a ...Photo by: sharon m
- At the Accademia with and ...Photo by: sharon m
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to the meeting point in central Florence in the morning. Greet your guide, then hop inside an air-conditioned coach and travel to Piazzale Michelangelo, a pretty square that offers magnificent panoramas of the city.
Continue on to Florence Old Town. On arrival, climb out of your coach and set off on a city walking tour. Follow your guide along the windy pathways, then come to a stop in Piazza del Duomo.
Be awed as you take in the glory of the Duomo (Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori). Marvel at the intricacy of the pink, white and green marble that covers the exterior, then gaze up at the striking cupola. You’ll also see Giotto's bell tower (Campanile di Giotto), and the bronze baptistery doors by Ghiberti.
Next, stroll to the Accademia Gallery. Head directly inside with your skip-the-line ticket and make a beeline for the gallery’s most famous exhibit: Michelangelo’s David, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture. Admire the marble statue which was carved in the early 16th century, and learn how it is a symbol of strength and youthful, human beauty.
Your tour then concludes inside the gallery, allowing you to explore the rest of the exhibits independently, should you wish. Alternatively, upgrade to include lunch at a local restaurant. See below for a sample menu.
Please note: The Accademia Gallery is closed on Mondays, therefore the tour will visit the San Marco Museum or the Medici Chapels instead.
Florence Afternoon Tour (3 Hours):
Meet your guide in central Florence in the afternoon, then settle into your comfortable seat aboard a coach.
Begin your tour with panoramic views of Florence, Fiesole and the Arno Valley, then head into Florence Old Town to see the Franciscan Church of Santa Croce. Pose for photos by its distinctive façade before strolling to Piazza della Signoria.
See the imposing Palazzo Vecchio and admire the replica of Michelangelo’s David. Then, wander through the Loggia dei Lanzi, an open-air sculpture gallery.
After, make for the Uffizi Gallery, which is home to more than 1,500 pieces of art including works by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Raffaello, Cimabue and Caravaggio. With your skip-the-line ticket, head directly inside for a guided tour of some of the gallery’s most famous pieces.
Your tour then concludes inside the gallery, leaving you free to explore the rest of the exhibits at your own pace, if you wish.
Please note: The Uffizi Gallery is closed on Mondays, therefore the tour will visit the Museum of Palazzo Vecchio instead.
Florence Full-Day Tour (8 Hours):
The full-day tour combines the morning and afternoon tour, with an optional break for lunch in-between. See below for a sample menu.
- Toasted bread with tomato
- Macaroni with Bolognese sauce
- Penne with pesto sauce
- Dessert of the day or coffee
Meal served with a glass of wine and water.
Tour guides were great
The morning tour is fantastic and our guide Johannes was great. I would recommend this tour if you are short on time and want a quick overview of the city
We loved this tour!
My parents and I did the full day tour with lunch and it was completely worth it! It was one of the best tours we took in Italy. It was nicely structured, a good pace for even those with walking problems my dad has knee issues, and great for history buffs. The tour organizers were easy to spot right in front of the train station and it was a nice mix of bus and walking. If you want to see the amazing museums that Florence has to offer, this is a great way to do it and not have to stand in those crazy long lines! The guides are highly knowledgeable and passionate about the art they are presenting. We had Christina for the day segment and I believe her name was Sandra for the afternoon tour at the Uffizi.
Lunch was great, the restaurant was very clean, food was good, came with a glass of wine, and you have plenty of time to enjoy and do some shopping around the Duomo. The afternoon segment was my favorite if you only have to book one because the Uffizi is absolutely a must see and guided is the best way to enjoy it. Sandra was very professional, and you could tell she really loves presenting the beautiful art. A wonderful way to spend your day in Florence, especially if you are on a tight schedule.
Julia with a G was excellent
We did the half day which gave us a good orientation of Florence and then we had the rest of the day on our own. Great tour and great guide!
Tour was exceptional and our tour guide Lenora was amazing with her knowledge of Florence, her detailed explanation of Michelangelo David and other works of arts at the Academia was very enlightening, her enthusiasm brought with it a contagious appreciation of these wonders of the world that can never be felt by viewing a picture on television or book, please pass along mine and my Girlfriend appreciation for a great tour
unfortunately it was raining on our tour day but It didn't matter. wonderful tour, great guide. definitely recommend this tour. only thing is there is not much time for lingering, taking pics, etc....fast paced.
Very good guide made the tour interesting, she became very passionate when we got to the statue of David.
Very good and great guide. His knowledge was exceptional.