- Combine two best-selling Florence food tours for a discounted price
- Visit San Lorenzo Central Market on your morning food tour
- Try a Florentine delicacy like a truffle pâté sandwich, as well as Italian classics such as gelato and crostini
- Enjoy a cheese-and-wine tasting session in Florence’s Obsequium wine bar
- Sample three quality red Tuscan wines, including Super Tuscan and Chianti Classico varieties
Italians typically start their mornings with strong coffee, so in true local fashion, your morning food tour starts with a visit to a popular Florence coffee bar, where you'll sample two types of coffee and learn about the roasting process.
Stroll over to an artisan delicatessen to enjoy a panino tartufato – a delicate truffle pâté sandwich made with local truffles for which the deli is famous. While walking to the next food stop, your guide will regale you with entertaining tales about Florence – its history, its people, and most importantly, its food!
To understand how Florentines prepare their delectable dishes, visit San Lorenzo Central Market, one of Florence’s best places to shop for fresh local ingredients. Chat with your guide and local traders, and taste Tuscany’s finest balsamic vinegars and olive oils with crostini – traditional thin slices of toasted Italian bread. Walk to a prestigious wine shop, known as an enoteca, to try two Tuscan wines with a selection of regional cheeses and cured meats.
On the way back to the start point (where your tour ends), visit one of Florence’s much-loved gelato shops to enjoy a scoop or two of gelato – the Italian’s far superior answer to ice cream! When your tour ends, you’ll have approximately 4.5 hours to spend at leisure before the second part of your Super Saver begins.
Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting (1 hour):
Head to Obsequium, a popular wine bar in Florence, to meet your knowledgeable host, and then sit down for an hour of cheese and wine tasting.
As your host talks to you about the different varieties of Tuscan wine, like Super Tuscan and Chianti Classico, sip up to three different types of these classic red wines – each accompanied by selected cheeses and fruit. Sample a silky olive oil, produced from the olive groves surrounding Florence, and taste aromatic strawberry vinegar.
It’s the ideal opportunity to lull away an hour in Florence, meet like-minded travelers and sip regional wines, while tales of Italian cheese and other specialties evoke and tantalize your taste buds!
Sample Tasting Menu:
• Chianti colli Senesi DOCG accompanied by selected cheeses and fruit
• Brunello di Montalcino Tiezzi accompanied by Pecorino cheese and fruit
• Super Tuscan Noir accompanied by goat cheese and fruit
• Tuscan vinegar and olive oils, including frantoio, leccino and moraiolo varieties