- Independent day trip from Florence to Venice with round-trip train transport
- Receive train times, tickets and city information from a host at Venice station
- Sit back and relax on the 2-hour high-speed train journey from Florence to Venice
- Explore independently and discover top Venice attractions such as Doge’s Palace at your own pace
- Make your way around the city with ease by using a Vessel vaporetto ticket
What You Can Expect
Train journeys between the two cities can last up to 2.5 hours, but your high-speed train shuttles you into the heart of Venice in just 2 hours. On arrival in the city, head out to explore! How you spend your time in beautiful Venice is up to you. Entrance fees to attractions and any meals are at your own expense.
Check out Venice’s must-see sights such as St Mark’s Square and Doge’s Palace, from where the powerful yet treacherous doges of Venice once ruled, and discover iconic attractions including St Mark’s Basilica and Rialto Bridge. If culture is your thing, pay homage to contemporary artwork with a visit to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, or pay a visit to Ca' Rezzonico Museum of Eighteenth Century Art.
To help you get around the city, a Vessel ticket for use on the city’s vaporetto transport system is included. The ticket is valid for 12 hours and covers most areas in central Venice.
At the time advised by your host, make your own way to Venice’s Santa Lucia Station and travel by train back to Florence. Your independent day trip then finishes at Santa Maria Novella Station in Florence.
We found the representative easily at the train station and her instructions made this an easy and enjoyable trip. Thanks so much for the adventure.
Great trip on high speed train at 300KPH. Tour agent met us at Florence railway station and clearly explained the travel arrangements and what we needed to do and where and when we needed to be there. Venice beautiful but check the tides for the square as it was very wet during our tour.