- 2-hour medieval Florence walking tour, led by an expert local guide
- Hear about the city in the Medieval ages
- Learn about the Medici family who ruled Florence for over 300 years
- See the sites of medieval scandal like Palazzo di Bianca Cappello and Palazzo Strozzi
- Discover lesser-known details about top Florence attractions like the Ponte Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery
- Finish your tour with a gelato stop at one of the city’s leading gelaterias
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
As you walk around the cobbled streets and piazzas with your guide, hear of the scandals that stigmatized the city during the Middle Ages, and of the Medici family around whom the scandals invariably centered. See Palazzo di Bianca Cappello, built by the Grand Duke Cosimo Medici for his mistress, and hear about the couple’s mysterious deaths – brought to light only recently through the use of modern technology.
Pass Palazzo Strozzi, a majestic building created from rusticated stone, and learn how it was built for one of the main rivals of the Medicis – the Strozzi family. Continue strolling along Florentine streets etched with history and see Palazzo di Parte Guelfa, a lavish palace that another political rival – the Guelph family – made their headquarters.
Alongside the sights of medieval Florence, your tour also takes in some of Florence’s A-list attractions. Walk from Piazza Signoria (the hub of medieval Florence), passing the Uffizi Gallery and then marvel at the nighttime reflections of the River Arno from the Ponte Vecchio – Florence’s iconic bridge. As you admire the sights, your guide will regale you with some of the lesser-known stories about them, leaving you snippets of intrigue about this oh-so-charismatic city.
Stop at one of the city’s leading gelaterias, and after choosing from a wide selection of flavors, finish your night just as the Florentines do – strolling through the romantic streets with a refreshing gelato. Your tour ends at Ponte Santa Trinità in the center of town.